Chapter 46: The eyes don't lie

Tricia was driving the car with Adan on their way to the hospital while she was contacting Greg through her phone.

    She tried several times but still no answer and so she ended up sending him a message.

     Suddenly Tricia remembers to call Gio.

Maybe he knew what happened, she sighed.

     *Ringing*

    "Tita?" Gio asks on the other line.

    "Hi, where are you?"

     "I'm with Abbey po, Tita, why?"

     "Gio drop it, Abbey is in the hospital with Vince. They called me."

    "Po? She's in the hospital?"

     "Yes, I called to ask you what happen."

    "We're really sorry tita, I tried telling Abbey po to at least consider telling you she'll meet with Halley pero ayaw niya eh."

     Gio started telling Tricia about Abbey's plan to talk with Halley that day.

    And that he only dropped her at the coffee shop and does not have any idea why she ends up in the hospital now.

    "It's okay Gio, but next time don't do it."

    "Yes tita, I'm really sorry po. And please call me when she needs me po."

     "Okay, thank you, Gio."

     Tricia ended the call once they bid goodbye.

Not long after when they arrived at the hospital and was welcomed by Vince right away.

"Papa ice cream!" Adan screamed.

Vince was beyond surprised to hear those words from their son and couldn't even believe it.

"What did you call me?"

"Papa ice cream."

Adan wraps his arms around Vince's neck when he lowered himself to his level.

"I'm sorry, papa."

"Sorry for what?"

"For being mad at you."

Vince flashed a smile and couldn't explain what he feels, he almost tears up and so he hugged his son tightly.

"I love you, papa ice cream."

"I love you too."

He kisses Adan's forehead when he shyly rests his head on his shoulders.

"Thank you," Vince said then looked up to Tricia to reach for her hand.

Tricia gave his hand a gentle squeeze while smiling at them. She too couldn't explain the joy it brings while seeing the two of them in that state.

Vince suddenly scooped Adan's feet off the ground, "let's wait for Abbey, she's still in ER."

"How is she, Vince?"

"I'm not sure but Emman's the one attending her."

Vince could trace how worried Tricia was.

     He then decided to take them to Emman's office which was his previous office too back when he was still a doctor in there.

    "Vince, where's Halley?"

     "Andrei's looking for her."

     "Nawawala siya?"

     Tricia stops walking for a while as she looks at Vince then held his hands.