Chapter 26: All has a reason

Audrey was now the one who stayed with Halley, Abbey, and Adan since Emman has to go to his shift.

     It was a bit awkward at first for them but Audrey was nice to both Abbey and Adan—although she has some issues with their parents.

They were just kids and had nothing to do with it after all, as she tells herself.

"Tita pretty." Adan called her.

Yes, that was what he calls her.

Emman told him to call them by those names—Adan was just a kid who obeys what he had been told.

"Yes, baby?" Audrey asks him back.

"Is Cebu far from here po? Can we go to mommy?"

     Audrey takes a deep breath before she smiles then gently patted his head.

     "Yes it's far and we cannot go there baby, sorry. But your mommy and tito said you'll spend the week here."

     "Why did they go there po?"

      Adan has a lot of questions.

In which Audrey tried her best to answer them in a way she knew Adan would understand.

     On the other hand, Abbey and Halley were killing their remaining time by watching movies and chatting from time to time.

     "Are you serious? Like it did not even cross your mind?" Halley asks her.

     "Why would it be, besides they both said they just have work to attend." Abbey replied.

     "Work like? Papa is an engineer and a doctor. You mentioned that tita is a jeweler. It doesn't make sense Avs."

     "Mum said it's for dad's work. But since dad couldn't make it, she like volunteered to do it."

     "Does your dad knows papa, kaya?"

     "I think so, they told us they were batch mates since college right."

     Abbey tried to convince Halley that she had nothing to worry and overthink about at all.

     "Fine. Fine. Think I'm just being paranoid that they were making excuses or what."

"Don't you trust your papa?"

"I do." Halley sincerely said. "But you know, you have this gut feeling that tells you—never mind, I don't want to think much about it."

"That's it. And keep in mind that it's a good thing also coz' we get to stay here."

"Yup! We'll have more time for sleepovers and midnight snacking and a movie marathon."

"But still have to be cautious okay, I have HCM remember."

Just thinking about all possible activities both Halley and Abbey could enjoy in midnights made the two more excited to spend a week together.
------------------------------------------------------

After a long hour drive of silence and a quiet trip, Vince and Tricia managed to get to the hotel where Vince had reservations.

     A porter instantly welcomed them and carries Vince's bag as he followed them inside.

     On their way to the receptionist to get the room key, Vince suddenly remembers that he only reserved one room.

     He sighed then turned to Tricia.