Chapter 78: Not the only one

"I miss you so much, dad!" Abbey greeted Greg with a tight embrace, teary eyes, "we miss you so much!"

Greg returned the embrace then scooped their feet off the ground, "I miss you guys too."

"Daddy, you're here!" Adan cupped Greg's face for assurance if it was all for real.

"Yeah, I am," he chuckled then turned to Halley, "hi, Halley right? It's nice to see you again," he offered his hand.

Halley accepted it with a smile, "uhm, yes, it's nice meeting you again too, Tito."

Kids and Greg were exchanging a casual 'hi-hellos' to each other, while the two; Abbey and Adan were catching up with their dad, Vince and Tricia finally approached them.

Greg saw how Vince held Tricia's hands even the way he assisted her.

As if Tricia isn't capable of walking by herself, those word almost slipped from his mouth but then he let this one pass and be casual.

"Love," Greg smiled at them.

He carefully put Adan down as he greeted them then gently pulled Tricia by her waist towards him.

"Hi, I miss you and the kids."

"Hi, we miss you too," Tricia accepted his embrace, surprised but she still managed.

"Aren't you supposed to be in London?"

"About that, Vince..."

Greg told them the whole story right from how his flight to London got canceled, then he was about ready to book another trip when he realized how much he misses Tricia and the kids.

And so he booked a trip to Leyte instead, to follow them and literally surprised them with his arrival.

"So you're here since last night?" Tricia.

"Yeah, but didn't told you and Abbey yet."

"I knew you're not in London, dad!"

"I was supposed to surprise you bukas pa dapat, but your mom keeps messaging me where am I."

"Yeah, coz' I asked her to talk to you—"

"Okay enough of me."

Greg chuckles.

"We've got plenty of time to talk about that later, sweetie. Kayo, looks like you're heading out?"

"Yes, daddy! Cheeseburger and KFC for dinner!" Adan exclaimed, "you should come with us daddy!"

Greg smiled then looked at Tricia before he drew his eyes to Vince, "maybe next time na lang, baby boy, it's your time with—"

"You can come if you want, no problem at all," Vince smiled back at him.

"Yay! Let's go papa ice cream!" Adan ran to his papa then held his hand.

"Oh, you're not riding in daddy's car? I thought you missed me?" Greg suddenly asked.

It almost put Adan on the spot, already having a hard time to choose which somehow concerns Tricia since she doesn't want any of those matters go out of hand.

Greg suddenly noticed Tricia.

He know she was uneasy.

"You know what, baby Dan, I'm just kidding. Go ride with your papa—"

"Actually, we got a van inside right, Papa?" Halley cut off the awkward phase, "why don't we use it instead?"

"Yeah, good idea, Hal," Abbey agrees.