Chapter 160: Strenght and Weakness

"What was that? Why didn't you seize her immediately? Did you just forget the plan?"

     "That was actually my intention," Greg responded calmly.

     "To what conclude? To chitchat with her and then let her go? I thought you were the one eager to bring your family b—"

     "Adan isn't with her; getting them one by one will be complicated."

     "If you say so," sighed before approaching the tumbler, "I was just sayin' that it was basically your shot to get Tr—"

     "There will be more opportunities. I'm just giving her time to consider. I want her to realize first that I'm deserving of their second chance, that I've improved, and that I'm prepared to go any length just to have them all back."

     "Fine. I'm simply suggesting it'll be a lot easier if we only do my plan," said confidently, leaning back in the chair.

     "I can't do that," Greg says, sighing.

     "Why? It's simple, you won't get involved even if—"

     "Abbey would never forgive me if I ever committed that."

     "But isn't that the aim, to reclaim them?"

     "In that case, if I ever do; Yes, I'll have them all back, but they'll hate me forever," Greg could only shrug, "and I'm not going to let that happen."

     "So, what's the next move?"

     "We'll be watching and waiting."

     "I'm afraid I can't make A—"

     "Could you just listen to me," Greg said, done through with the complaints, "I have it all handled. Can you not question everything I do? Isn't it you who asks for my help?"

     "Am I not also the reason you're out of jail now? Is that how you p—"

     Greg couldn't handle even more of the complaining, retorting, and interrogating, so he drew out his revolver and leveled it at the person beside him, causing the companion to nearly stiffen and be unable to speak again.

     Soon Greg came to a halt in an instant after comprehending what he had done.

     And to ease their apprehension, he smiled slightly while stating, "relax, there's just no bullet in that."

     "Don't you ever do that again," sighing in relief.

     "Then don't bother questioning me either."
------------------------------------------------------

Later in the evening...

     Following their get-together with their friends in Manhattan, Vince and Tricia decided to return to their hotel after it was nearly ten o'clock.