Chapter 77: Ain't it a surprise?

Vince emerged from the house. He heads straight to their back patio, holding four towels, and got one hanging on his back. He passes one each to the kids before carefully wrapping the last one to Tricia.

"Huwag ako asikasuhin mo po, yung anak mo," she chuckles then gently started wiping Adan.

"I know you got that part covered, right buddy?" Vince nudged their son, "syempre dapat may mag-aasikaso kay mama."

     Adan nodded as an answer as if he knew what they meant.

"C'mon, just let me," Vince smiled then sat right behind Tricia.

"May choice pa ba ako?"

"You have a few but..."

"But?" Tricia waited.

"But I'm the best choice."

"Naks!" She giggles.

Vince laughed and bantered her a little, "uy, kinilig siya," to which Tricia only replied with a giggle.

"Is this ice cream?!" Adan exclaimed soon as he found a pint on the table.

"OMG! Can I have?!" Halley screamed too and was already holding the pint of vanilla ice cream.

Tricia wanted to say no since they haven't eaten yet but at the same time, fighting against her mind by the fact that she had ice cream for breakfast that morning.

"No, breakfast first," Vince was the one who speaks after he noticed Tricia, he even saw her mouthed a thank you.

"But papa, just a little of—"

"C'mon, go get our breakfast in the kitchen, ate, I'll set up the table. No more but's."

Kids were about to protest when Tricia speaks, "I'll go get our food na since I'll put this back on the fridge, let's save this for later, okay?"

Once they agreed to have breakfast first before ice cream, Halley went with her mama back inside the house to 'help' her get the food—only she knows what to do next after seeing that pint of ice cream—leaving Vince and the rest outside.

Tricia started preparing the trays they'll use later to bring the food outside when she noticed Halley with her own 'business'.

"What are you doing, sweet pea?" She asked her daughter.

"Just one spoon, mama, please," Halley went up to her, pleading.

     "Your papa said breakfast first diba."

     Halley threw her keen eyes with a smirk on her lips, "say that to me, Ma! Isn't it you and papa were eating this kanina before we start the water gun battle?"

"That's different naman, we had coffee na nun eh."

"Sige na, mama, please," she hugged her, "how can you say no to this lady?"

"Hay, ang anak ko," Tricia giggles then gently pinched her nose, "go ahead, sweet pea."

"Yay! Thanks, mama! Love you!"

"Love you too, eat quickly, ok—"

"Yes, yes!"

Tricia went back to what was she doing as she lets Halley take a spoonful of the ice cream she had been wanting, "I thought you said just a spoonful?"

"Well," Halley chuckles while holding a bowl and spoon on her right hand then a bag of chocolate chips on the other, "spoonfuls aren't enough, mama!"