Chapter 53: The life we knew we would have (part 5)

Tricia was scrolling through the photos on Vince's laptop, it was mostly him and Halley taken years ago at their farm, she asks Vince to at least had a glimpse of the place.

     By looking at those photos, she can tell it was solitude in there.

     Halley must have enjoyed the place.

     She couldn't help but think of what life they had through those years she missed.

     And for whatever reason it may be, she couldn't deny the fact that there was still the guilt after her past actions.

    How she ends up choosing those decisions that she never thought would bring so many regrets.

     But she couldn't blame herself after all.

     If anyone was put in her position back at that time, even if you were the wisest person on earth, would still make a mistake.

    What else can she do when amid that life trial brought them a result that Halley was gone and that they lose her.

     Not a single person could bear to hear and accept it.

     Tricia knows how people around her reacted when after everything fails with her and Vince's life, she decided who knows how long and hard she needed to think of.

     She keeps asking herself if is it wrong when she had another chance to be a mother to someone else because that was how she felt for Abbey.

    She saw it as an opportunity that fate takes away from her and Halley.

     A lot might have questioned her decisions and at some point, quickly judge her choices but only God knows how difficult it was all for her.

    But then again, Tricia knew that whatever reason she had, she still made a mistake.

    "Tricia," Vince called her.

    That was the only time her thoughts ceased.

    "Okay ka lang?" He asks again.

    She nodded then smiled.

    "Brought you your water."

     "Thank you."

     Vince handed her the glass then sits beside her to see how she was doing and what was the recent photos she was looking at.

"Are you done?" He asks.

"Yup! Thanks for showing them."

"Don't tell her about it."

"Why? She doesn't like it?"

"She doesn't want me showing those photos to anyone."

"Why not, those are great photos. Cute niyo nga eh, no wonder she'll always be a papa's girl."

    "Of course, I'd be surprised if she became a mama's girl."

    Tricia abruptly looked at Vince who didn't mean to offend her in any way.

    "Sorry, bad joke," he apologized.

    "Vincente Gomez, you are so mean!"

    They both laughed it away.

    Not making any big deal out of it.

    "But wait 'till she finally gets close to me, you never know. Maybe one of these days she'll be a mama's girl na!" Tricia confidently told him.