Chapter 70: All is forgiven (Part 5)

Bedtime could have been so much easier when Adan was tired from all-day activities then will just go straight to bed after.

     Oddly that evening, Vince and Tricia didn't expect their son to wake up again as he looks for them to send him back to sleep.

     "Can we go out na po tomorrow?"

     Adan asks his mama and papa.

     Both were laying beside him.

     Tricia in the right side of the bed.

     While Vince stays on the left side.

     Making their son stays between them.

     "Where do you want to go, buddy?"

     "Anywhere, papa ice cream, please."

     "I'd like to, but we have to ask mama," Vince looked at Tricia who was already looking at them and so did Adan too.

     "Mama, let's go out tomorrow please," Adan pleaded then hugs his mama.

     "Sure, baby," she cups his face then kisses his forehead, "now go to sleep, it's past your bedtime na."

     "Yes, you should be asleep by this time so you'll have the energy to play tomorrow."

     Vince tried convincing their son, but the boy keeps insisting.

     "I don't want to sleep mama, papa."

     The boy turned to face his papa.

     He then buries himself into Vince's neck.

     "Hey, what's wrong?" Vince asks him.

     "If I sleep, you and mama will leave me."

     "What's wrong with that, buddy?"

     "You've been sleeping with your ate's naman diba," Tricia added as she caressed his back.

     "I don't want to sleep with them na po, I want to sleep with you and papa ice cream."

      Tricia looks at Vince while he smiles at her as if saying, relax, I got it.

     "No problem little tykes, we won't leave you, okay," Vince stretched his arms then pulled them for a tight embrace.

     "Sleep now, baby," Tricia moves a little closer and lets Vince reached her.

     "C'mon let's sleep," Vince told them.

     Adan pulled his parent's hands.

     Almost making them hug each one.

     While he held their arms tightly.

     "Goodnight, mama and papa ice cream."

     Tricia and Vince did the same too.

     "I love you, mama and papa."

     "We love you too so much, baby."

     Both Vince and Tricia planted a soft kiss in their son's temple then gently caressed him to send him back to sleep.
------------------------------------------------------

     Not long after, Adan eventually falls back into his deep sleep but still keeps his hands locked into his parent's arms.

     Vince was still awake while he browses his mails through his phone with his free hand.