Chapter 174: The truth prevails

Halley arrived home an hour earlier before evening, and even before she got close to their house, she spotted her father's automobile outside their gate.

She was confused considering Vince's shift hadn't ended yet, but he was already home.

"Papa!" Halley exclaimed as she ran closer to hug him.

Vince turned to approach his daughter and hugged her in return.

"Why are you already here? It isn't the end of your shift yet."

"Miss ko na ang mama niyo," he remarked playfully.

"Oh-M-Gosh! You're impossible, Pa!" She gasped, unable to comprehend what her papa had stated, "does mama know you're here na, Papa?"

"No," he replied, smiling, "I'd want to surprise her with these," pointing to a flower and a pint of ice cream.

"Gosh! That's so sweet, Pa!"

"Would you mind assisting me with these paper bags, Anak?"

"Sure, Papa," she responded, nodding and taking a couple of bags.

After Vince managed to park his car inside, the mag-ama entered their house, then Adan greeted them promptly.

"Papa, you're back!" The boy exclaimed as he turned to his older sister, "Hi, ate Halley!"

"Hello, Dan!" She hugs him.

"How did you know it's me, buddy?" Vince abruptly asked Adan.

"I heard your car, Papa! And oh! Is that ice cream po?"

"Yes, but this is for after dinner, buddy," he said as he cradled his son with his free hand, "where's your Mama?"

"Kitchen. She's cooking po."

Adan dragged them inside till they emerged in the living room, where they were met by Abbey, who was quite working with her laptop—most likely in her school activities.

"Abbey! Adan! What's that noise? Has Halley arrived yet?"

They heard Tricia's question arise from the kitchen.

"Yes, it's me po, Mama!" Halley said clearly enough for their mother to hear.

Tricia came out of the kitchen after a moment to check on her children, but she was taken aback by what she found.

"Oh, Vince, you're already here!"

"I told you, I miss you and the kids," Vince simply replied as he approached her, "flowers for my wife," he kissed her temple.

"Thank you, hon," Tricia said after she received the flowers and kissed her husband on the cheek, "but hon isn't it too early—"

"I don't have any patients today, and on top of that, my head hurts slightly."

"What happened, h—"

"No. Don't worry, honey, it's still manageable," he reassured his wife.

Tricia simply nods and lets this pass.

She then softly massages Vince's temple, "Anyway, you're just in time hon, I'm preparing dinner now."

"Nice. What's for dinner hone—"

"Mama, Papa bought some ice cream po, let's eat some!" Adan interrupted abruptly.

Vince was about to object that it should be eaten after supper, however, Tricia halted him.

"Certainly, Dan, I'd love some ice cream right now," she grins.