Chapter 40: Unveiling Verity

The Next Morning...

     Vince recently finished his paperwork when he decided to get ready for the day, he just takes a cold shower before getting into his casual wear then heads downstairs.

On his way, he found Halley heading to the back patio with a laptop in her hands and coffee on the other.

Is that my laptop? He asks himself.

"Good Morning, sneaky little bean," Vince greeted as soon as he reaches the last step of the stairs.

Halley almost dropped her coffee when she heard her papa but luckily she hasn't.

"Good Morning, papa! You frightened me!"

"Is that my laptop?"

"Uhm, nope," she tried to hide it from her back but it was useless.

"C'mon let me see?"

"Fine. It's yours po."

"What are you doing with it?"

"Can't I use it for watching?"

"We have tv, sweet pea. You also have your laptop," Vince smirk at her.

"Okay, fine. I'll just check it."

"More sounds like investigating it?"

"You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide."

Halley threw her papa back the smirk making Vince laughed, "may maitatago pa ba ako sayo?"

"I never know."

"Hm, sige you can use it. But you know your limits, okay."

"Do I?"

"Halley!"

"Just kiddin' Pa!" Halley laughed at his reaction. "No reading of private messages and no direct messaging others using your account."

"Good. You still know it."

Vince and Halley finally reached the back patio and so Halley sat on her favorite spot, the hammock.

"I see you're going out, papa," Halley said while she sets up the laptop.

"Yeah, I'll be leaving you for a while. I just have to do some errands today."

Halley looked up to her papa as if examining his face.

"Errands like?"

"Basta, I'll let you know when I come back."

Vince hasn't mentioned this to Halley yet for he doesn't want to give her any false alarm though he could already feel it.

"You're smiling, pa!"

"Am I not allowed to?"

"Should I be worried?"

     "Ikaw talaga," he chuckles then reaches her forehead to kiss it. "Keep the doors lock, I'll go now."

     "Hmm," Halley threw her keen eyes but shrugged it off after. "Okay, bye papa! I love you."

     "Love you too, I'll see you later."

     "Please bring home some brownies."

     "Okay, lil' bean, " Vince smiled before he made his way out.

     He made sure to lock all doors before he hopped inside his car, started it, then hit the roads after.
------------------------------------------------------