Chapter 192: Reaffirmation

12th of August

The Gomez family's long-awaited day has eventually come, notably for Vince and Tricia.

They haven't celebrated this event together in such a considerable time, so they were planning to make this one extra special. The couple should commemorate this day as the foundation of their new beginning as a whole and wonderful family.

Vince and Tricia have been cognizant that their marriage was not perfect and all that has transpired to them beforehand, therefore it must be their purpose to simply make this renewal of vows one for the books.

"We have gathered today in the love of friendship and family to celebrate a renewal of marriage vows between Vicente and Patricia. As their family and closest friends, each of you has played a role in bringing them to this day, and in various ways will continue to support and contribute to their marriage. We solemnize this significant event in their lives and enter into this ceremony in an attitude of respect for their steadfast and ongoing commitment to each other after all that had transpired..." the officiant began.

They were all aware that the vow renewal was not a legal procedure. Vince and Tricia, on the other hand, decided to have a marriage officiant conduct the ceremony.

"...Patricia and Vicente, although I am officiating here today, it is not truly in my power to sanctify or bless your relationship in any way, because the two of you have already done that in your hearts. Today you proclaim your love anew to the world, and we rejoice with and for you..."

The ceremony continued around while the couple quietly listened in the foreground, observing their family and friends celebrate their special day.

Meanwhile, Tricia couldn't stop crying, something Vince recognized immediately once.

He brushed his wife's tears away with his palms and asked, "honey, are you okay?"

"Yes," she wept softly.

Vince couldn't help but smile as he gently gripped her hands, causing her to look at him.

"Honey," he said with a grin.

"I'm alright, hon; I merely can't believe we're together, and for the second time, we'll reaffirm our love for one another."

Tricia significantly faced Vince that moment, completely aware that everyone else in the hall could have seen them, but that did not deter her from reaching out to fondle her husband's cheeks.

"I appreciate you doing this, hon."

"We deserved this, honey," Vince said as he placed her hand to his lips and lovingly kissed them.

Both express I love you to one other, smiling brighter than before, and letting their hearts speak for what they genuinely feel.

"We should listen, hon," Tricia remarked softly after giggling quietly.