Chapter 79: His greatest catch

"Hmm, akala ko ba you want us to rest?" Vince asked, he felt Tricia had been tracing his face.

Well, he doesn't hate it.

He actually likes what she was doing, it was comfortable, it was one of those gestures of her he missed so much.

"You're still awake?" She giggles, her head resting on his chest.

"Oo, how can I sleep if you keep doing that? Ayaw mo naman ata ako patulugin eh."

Tricia chuckles a bit, "sorry."

She smoothly glided her hands from his jaw down to his chest, feeling the warmth as they shared another embrace.

"Are you happy, Vince?" Tricia abruptly asked out of nowhere.

     Vince tightens their hug before he planted a soft and lingering kiss on her temple.

     Tricia looked up to Vince and waited for him to speak but he never did, "Vince, I'm asking you."

     "Sinagot na kita."

     "You didn't say anything."

     "Isn't this enough?" He grinned then closes their gaps once more, "ikaw nga, let me ask you the same question."

     "I would say yes."

     "With this kind of setup?"

     "Why are you mad?"

     "Hindi ako pw—I'm not."

     "Well, you sounded mad," Tricia noticed a slight change in the tone of his voice.

     "Sorry, alam kong I wasn't supposed to demand anything," Vince apologized right away, gently caressing her shoulders.

     Tricia cupped his face, "no, Vince, I should be the one to say sorry..."

     "Tricia it's—"

     "Sorry if you feel like you can't demand on anything, pero aayusin naman natin diba? We'll work on this?"

     Vince could only heave a sigh.

     She noticed him.

     "Hey, what's wrong?"

     "Wala, it seems... narinig ko na kasi yan 8 years ago, back in N—" he takes a deep breath again, "baka hindi na naman ako seryosohin."

     "Vince, I thought you already forgave me? Please tell me what else should I do para patawarin mo ako."

     He started caressing her arms again, "no, no, wala kang dapat gawin. Pinatawad na kita, Tricia."

     Kissing her temple for assurance.

     "You did?" She looked up at him.

     Vince weakly smiled, "oo... but I want to be honest with you, it's hard to forget."

     Silence abruptly filled the room, none dared to speak again. The eye contact remains and their little gestures towards each other—those seem more than enough.

"Anong oras na, Tricia? You should go," he finally breaks the silence.

Tricia didn't say anything in response, she just stared at Vince as if noting his features. Gently caressing his nape then tighten their warm and lingering embrace.

Vince knew exactly what those gestures of her meant, "I'm fine, Tricia," he told her with a smile.

"It's not his time of waking up pa—"