Chapter 15: Such perfect timing

For the whole straight hour, Tricia had been explaining to Vince the kind of setup she wanted for them to have.

     Vince would sometimes disagree whenever he finds it inconvenient for himself.

    Tricia thought it was unfair that his concerns were just for the sake of his convenience.

     But she didn't dare tell it directly because honestly speaking,

Between the two of them,

She was the first one who wasn't fair.

"Just please don't tell Halley yet." Tricia told Vince.

She requested for him not to tell Halley the truth about her yet, she isn't ready for what Halley might react once she finds out.

"Bakit? Do you really think gusto kong sabihin pa yan kay Hal? That her mother cheated on me and that she gav—"

"That's what you already told her. I didn't cheat on you, Vince. Masakit ka na mag salita."

"You didn't? Anong tawag sa ginawa niyo?"

Vince was definitely on his edge.

"And please don't ever tell me that again, Tricia. Between the two of us, ikaw ang hindi nakakaalam kung ano ang mas masakit."

"I didn't cheat on you. We did a legal process, we filed for an annulment before Greg and I gets mar—"

     "Ah, the annulment that you two knew I couldn't fight the case. Sinakto niyong walang-wala ako nun eh diba."

     Vince just couldn't stop himself from releasing the grudges he holds for a very long time.

Until someone abruptly knocks on the door to catch their attention and somehow decreases the growing tension between the two.

     "Tone-down a little, medyo rinig na namin kayo dito."

Andrei said from outside but enough for the two to hear inside.

Both Tricia and Vince were just staring at each other after realizing that they had been throwing lines against each one incautiously.

     "You've changed a lot, Vince."

     Those were the only words Tricia could think of, after all those years.

She didn't expect him to be that.

     "You wouldn't dare imagine how betrayal and pain can change a person, Tricia."

     "But that isn't enough reason for you to act the way you're acting right now."

     "Then what is?" Vince retorted.

     "Let's just stop talking about this, Halley is my only concern here."

     "Exactly, you said it yourself. Sabi mo masakit? Sige let's make it easier."

Vince cleared his throat as he looks at Tricia.

Directly in her eyes.

"We don't have to talk, you don't need to play-pretend, Tricia. If you want to spend time with Hal to know her, do it. It's your right, you are still her mother after all."

     "Vince, the reason why I'm trying to at least communicate with you, is so I can tell you what I want."

Tricia felt like she needed to speak it all out and admits that at some point, she still did a mistake.