Chapter 38: Little moments. Big memories.

A day had passed since when Halley and Abbey got discharged from the hospital, and since then, none of the two girls contacted each other again.

     This would have been expected after the big blown-up revelation happened.

     On the other hand, Tricia keeps contacting Halley thru callback messages and voicemails.

     "Hi, it's me again Hal," Tricia started.

     Yes, Halley was still not answering her calls.

     Not even sending her a reply.

      "I hope you answer your phone soon, I'm really sorry anak. I hope you can forgive mama and please tell me when you're ready to talk, I'll be there. I love you so much."

     Once Tricia was done recording her voicemail, she sends it to Halley.

     She sighed then wiped the few tears that escaped her eyes before she stood up and exited the room.

     Before Tricia went downstairs to cook for breakfast, she first checks the kids.

    Adan wasn't in his room so Tricia thought he might be at his ate's room.

     "Good Morning," Tricia greeted as soon as she entered.

     "Good Morning, mum," Abbey greeted back then paused her laptop for a while.

     She stood up from the couch then quickly approached Tricia for a hug.

     "Baby Dan's here po if you're looking for him, he fell asleep again po," Abbey pointed to Adan who was sleeping in bed.

     "Let him sleep, it's still early," Tricia smiled and noticed tears from Abbey's eye. "Are you crying, sweetie?"

     Abbey weakly smiled then chuckles.

     "I just get a little carried away from what I'm watching, mum."

     "What are you watching ba? Let me see?"

"No! Mommy!"

     "Why?" She giggles.

Abbey tried to stop Tricia but it was too late, she already reached her laptop and saw the screen.

     "Why are you watching this, sweetie?"

     Tricia looked back at Abbey.

     "I just miss those days already, mum."

     Abbey shed a tear then hugged her mom.

     "Your dad is coming home later naman na," Tricia smiled while cupping her face. "Sige let's watch the video together before we have breakfast."

     Tricia and Abbey sat back on the couch again while they watched some of their video clips years ago.

Short Clip: taken in 2006

"What are you guys doing?" Tricia asks, she was the one video recording.

"I'm helping dad to clean the car, mum," Abbey replied while smiling.

"She wants to help me kasi treat ko daw kayo mamaya to eat outside later," Greg said as he and Tricia laughed.

"So you're just helping dad because he promised to take us out later?"

"No mum," Abbey smiled at them. "I'm helping him clean because I love him."

Abbey wraps her arms around his dad's neck which made him stop what he was doing then looked at Abbey before drawing his eyes to Tricia.