Chapter 66: All is forgiven (Part 1)

The next day...

Vince woke up with a terrible headache and been shivering from cold since last night, he sits on his bed and checks his phone for the time.

Still early, he heaved a sigh.

Not feeling good but still tried so hard to get up then head out from his room.

He then directly went to check on the kids.

     All three of them; Halley, Abbey, and Adan were still sleeping just fine.

     Vince then proceeds to Tricia's room.

     *knock knock*

None answered from inside.

     He tried knocking several times.

     "Tricia," he called.

     Still keeping his voice low.

     Thinking none will open the door, he just reached for the knob when it suddenly opened then revealed Tricia.

     "Vince," she looks up to him.

     "I was calling you."

     "I heard, that's why I'm—"

"Did I wake you up? Sorry."

"No, no," Tricia told him.

Vince just nodded at her.

     "Do you need anything, Vince?"

     "Ah huwag na, it's nothing. Go back t—"

     Tricia can trace the uneasiness in him.

     He was also shivering, she could tell.

     "Vince, are you okay?"

     "Headache lang, I guess?"

     "Wait," Tricia stops Vince when he was about to leave, she then placed her palms on his neck and forehead to check his temperature.

     "I'm fine, Tricia."

     "Mainit ka, baka nilalagnat ka."

     "Siguro, I'll check the medicine cabinet."

"I'll check it for you."

"Ako na, I'm on my way already."

"No, ako na. Take your rest na lang ulit?"

Vince slightly smiled at Tricia, "sige, tayo na," he told her then reaches her hands.

Tricia abruptly looks at him too and couldn't process a single response for him.

     "Tricia?" Vince faced Tricia after noticing her staring at him, he held her hands tightly, "tayo na? Or want me to check it by myself?"

"No," she finally responds then shrugged off the thought, "tayo na," she smiled as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

Both of them walked towards the living room where they had this large cabinet which has either drugs or first aid and all for medicinal purposes only.

"Take your seat muna, I'll check your temperature."

"Okay lang naman ako, I'll just go take a medicine na lang. Mawawala rin naman ito."

"No, we have to check your temperature first just to be sure kung nilalagnat ka talaga then you can take your meds."

Vince could only smile as he takes his seat and watched Tricia, "why are you doing this, Tricia?"