Chapter 52: The life we knew we would have (part 4)

It was dark outside and as far as Vince was concerned in tracking the time, one more hour left for Tricia and Adan to stay in their house—he couldn't help but to keep track of it.

He just sometimes hopes it wasn't the situation they were in.

Where he won't see his son leave the house at night just to spend bedtime in someone else's house.

But then again, fate brought them to the unexpected and at some point, the unwanted.

"Vince?" Tricia calls.

She was on her way downstairs.

Vince heard it.

"I'm in the kitchen," he replies.

He was standing right next to the counter as he focused on making his cup of strong coffee, he needed it for the night and will probably stay late.

"Coffee again?" Tricia asks once she reaches the kitchen.

"Got some blueprints to review."

She nodded then watches him.

Vince can see her at the corner of his eyes.

"Why?" He asks.

"What why?"

"Why are you watching me?"

"Nothing," she chuckles.

"Am I making it wrong? You're looking at me like I'm making a mistake."

"No, no, I'm just surprised you know how to make a coffee naman pala."

"I do, but it's nothing compared sa tinitimpla mo. Did you saw how Halley reacted to it, sobrang nagustuhan niya."

"I'm happy she does," she smiled at him. "Speaking of, she and Adan were now fast asleep."

"Knocked out pareho?"

"Oo, napagod for sure."

"Care to join me?" Vince offered while he pointed at the seat near him.

"Thanks, but I had enough coffee na," Tricia replied then swiftly walked towards the refrigerator to check it.

"Oh, gutom ka pa?"

"Nope."

Vince was just watching her.

"But I just know what might be the perfect pair for your coffee," she giggles then handed out a box of cake.

    It wasn't just an ordinary cake for the record, it was their favorite classic chocolate dense cake which had always been present on any of their occasions.

He looked at her as if he wanted to ask her how did she know they had cake in the fridge, she never opened it.

    But how silly of Vince to forget that all and still asked himself.

"I know you always have," Tricia said and seems to read his mind.

"Late night cravings lang?" He laughed.

"Except that it's not yet late."

Both of them laughed.

"Ano want a slice?"

"Bakit ako tinatanong mo?"

"Baka gusto mong pair sa coffee mo."

"Sige, ikaw?"