Chapter 56: Traveling Together

At Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport (Tacloban City Airport)...

    The plane thrusting downwards causing Adan to flinch concerns Vince and Tricia once more, they held him closer while the kid remained sitting in his papa's lap.

"Mama, it hurts."

Adan speaks while covering his ears.

"Hold still, baby," Tricia told him.

She cupped her son's face. 

"We'll get off the plane in a moment," Vince added as he tightens his hug to their son.

Meanwhile, Halley and Abbey were awakened by the change of altitude and the weird feeling of a plane landing.

As the two opened their eyes, they can see beside their seat, Vince and Tricia trying to calm Adan down.

"Dan's afraid of takeoffs and landings, it hurts his ears," Abbey explained to Halley.

"I see," She nodded her head.

Shortly afterward, the captain announces their arrival giving Adan relief as it takes away his discomfort. But seems like his energy had been drained by that landing as he can't keep up with the rapid pressure changes.

Thus, the pressure changes cause his pain and discomfort.

Once the plane comes to a stop and they were able to stand, Halley and Abbey quickly approached them.

"Pa, is baby Dan still okay?"

"Yes, go pick up your bags, susunod kami."

"Okay, papa."

Halley and Abbey nodded then proceeded with what Vince's ordered them.

"We're here, baby," Tricia said.

But Adan remained silent.

"I'll ask medics to check on Adan's ears. Baka may complications during our flight kanina."

Tricia looks at Vince worriedly.

And him being the doctor, he knew what he needs to do.

"He'll be fine Trish, it's normal to feel pain in the ear during takeoffs and landing, isa pa bata pa siya hindi pa sanay."

Vince reached for her hands.

Gently squeezing it for assurance.

"I just want to check if he's okay, and I'm sure he is. Mas okay na yung sigurado tayo."

Tricia pulled a smile.

Nodding her head.

Vince carries Adan as he and Tricia followed the girls after getting their hand-carry bags then get off the plane.

As planned, after getting the luggage Vince made sure to get Adan a check-up on his ears first while the girls stayed at their car waiting outside the airport.

"Papa ice cream, are we done po?"

"Yes, good job, anak."

Vince patted his son's head.

He carefully let him sit beside his mama before he had a short conversation with the medics.

    "Let's go?" Vince asks Tricia.

"Do they have ice cream here po?"

"Of course," he slightly laughed. "You want to try ice cream here?"