Chapter 145: What lies beneath (Part 1)

"Just drop me off here, Gio," Abbey speak as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

     Gio searched the entire place, making sure it was safe for him to drop her off, "Abbey, are you sure? Just here?"

     "Yeah," she nods then grabbed her bag and other stuff, "I'll see you later."

     Right before Abbey was about to get off the car, Gio stops her for a moment.

     "Why?" She glanced back.

     "Be careful."

     Abbey curiously stared at Gio.

     He sighed, "I know it sounded silly but still be careful, between the two of us you know what your—"

     "He won't do anything to me," she gently squeezed his hand for assurance.

     Soon after, the two said their goodbyes as Abbey stepped out of the car and Gio double-checked that she was secure before leaving.

Abbey was left alone in an uncrowded spot when a white sedan abruptly stopped right in front of her.

Nervously stepped back.

She was ready to walk away considering she didn't recognize who the driver was when she caught a glimpse of the backseat.

Dad! Abbey was expecting him anyway.

The car got unlocked then Abbey hurriedly get inside the same time the driver get off the car and left the two alone.

"Hi," Greg calmly speaks.

Abbey sobbed, "Dad!"

     "I miss you so much!" She embraced him tightly while Greg wiped her tears

He was hugging and caressing her, "I miss you too, my angel."

     Greg was still wiping her tears.

     "How are you, sweetie, your condition?"

     "I'm fine, Dad."

     "I'm sorry if I couldn't take care of you now, Abbey. I still have things to settle with you, Dan, and your mom."

     "It's hard not to be with you, Dad. But I managed, Mom and Papa had been a great help since then."

     "What did you say?"

     She glanced at him as if asking.

     "What did you call him?"

     Abbey abruptly withdrew from her dad once she come to her senses, "wait, how did you get here, Dad? Aren't you supposed—"

     "Clear of charges," he replied.