Chapter 11: Puzzled truth of their past

"Hailey?" Tricia looked behind then wiped her tears before smiling at her.

"It's tita Patricia po right?" Halley confirmed then quickly made her way towards Tricia.

"Yes." She nodded.

Tricia then moved a little for Halley to sit beside her.

     Halley saw her wiping tears left on her face and was concerned about what happened to her.

     Unfortunately, she didn't hear a single word from what Tricia had said earlier.

"Are you alright tita?"

"Yeah." Tricia pulled a smile again. "I just remember something, I used to go here kasi before."

"Really tita? I thought no one knew this place."

"That's what I thought too." She manages to laugh a little. "Ikaw, how did you know this place?"

     Tricia asked hoping to hear something that would confirm her thoughts.

     "It's kinda weird tita, but I just knew this place." Halley chuckled then looked at Tricia.

     Tricia was staring at Halley too, tracing every feature of her face I know it's impossible, but I just hope it's you.

     "I keep having flashes of me in this place but I don't think I've been here before, wala po kasi akong maalala, tita."

I used to bring Halley here when she was a little girl, Tricia wanted to say.

"You're Hailey right?"

"Uhm... yes tita, why?"

"Who are your parents?"

Halley was hesitating to answer for she knew her papa doesn't want her giving any informations about them to someone she just met.

But what else can she do, her guts were telling her to speak up and answer.

"Vince." Halley said and thought it will be a safe answer since her papa's real name is Vicente.  

     Not knowing that Tricia was expecting to hear Vince from her, that was all she needed to confirm.

"Vince?" Tricia tried to ask.

She knew it was him, she just wants to hear the whole name from her.

"Vince Gomez." Halley wear a smile when Tricia was just staring at her. "Tita, still fine?"

"Who's your mother?"

"Honestly tita, we don't talk about her."

"Why?"

     "I'm not supposed to talk about this tita..." Halley hesitated again.

     Tricia noticed it then reached for her hands giving them a gentle squeeze as if telling her that it will be fine.