Chapter 93: On the move

It was almost lunchtime when Greg arrived back at home, quickly hopped out of his bike, get all the paper bags then head inside.

     No one was in the living room to greet him and so he concluded that Tricia and the kids were on the back patio.

     But then he only saw Tricia on his way out, Greg instantly wears a smile.

"Love," he called as he walked towards her then softly kissed her shoulders, "hi."

     Tricia looks back in surprise.

     "Oh, you're back. How was your morning cycling?"

     Greg was surprised.

Since Tricia went back to their house, she rarely asks Greg those things and now that she did, Greg wouldn't let this pass.

"It was great, love. It was refreshing and made me energized. Maybe next time we can try it together or with the kids' noh?"

Tricia only nods then pulled a smile after realizing what she just asks him.

Greg noticed her.

     "Speaking of kids, love, where are they?"

     "Upstairs, in Abbey's room."

     "Ikaw, love, what are you doing here?"

     "Wala naman, just checking some works. I also tried this tea I saw in the kitchen."

     He nods then sits beside her.

     "Anyway, love, I dropped by to a bakeshop and brought some babka for you and for our kids," he showed the paper bags.

     "Thank you, Greg, Adan had been asking me to buy him this nga eh."

     "Really? Nice, timing pala ako," he grinned as he looks at his wristwatch, "love, let's cook for lunch na tapos dessert na lang natin ito?"

"Sure," she agrees then finishes the tea she had been drinking.

-----

     Tricia and Greg spend half an hour to prep their lunch and made sure to not miss their greens. 

     "Ano, love, how does it taste?"

     "It tastes good."

     She keeps nodding and seems to enjoy the meal, Greg noticed and so he gave her another spoonful.

     "Ang sabi mo hindi mo na alam iluto?"

     "Akala ko, tagal na rin kasi nun, love."

     "Masarap pa rin naman," she smiled then accepted the glass of water he handed, "I'm sure kids will like it."

     "Thank you, love," he grinned.

     Greg had noticed that Tricia was somehow being nice to him again, almost like when the days back then.

     It's good to know that we're both trying, we could make this work again...

     "Love," he held her hands, "I have a six pm meeting pala today, I want you to come with me. I'll drop the kids kayla Will."

     "Uhm, six tonight? Do I have to be there?"

     "Of course, we're partners not just in our business, you're my wife too. Gusto ko naman ipakilala ka sa mga new clients natin."

     Tricia was hesitant to reply.

Greg knew.

     "Until what time yung meeting?" She asks.