Chapter 44: Listen with the heart

It was late that morning when Abbey finished her morning routine, she was on her way downstairs when she decided to check on Adan's room first.

     "Good Morning ate!"

     Adan greeted her as soon as she stepped inside and was surprised to see her mom too.

     "Good Morning baby!"

    Abbey pulled him for a quick embrace.

    "Good Morning, sweetie."

    "Good Morning, mum!"

     "Ate join us," Adan requested.

     He then pulled his ate and mom back into bed, snuggling each other while watching kids' movies.

     "Mum, where's dad?"

     "He's just preparing our breakfast—"

     Tricia wasn't even finished with her sentence when the door swung opened and revealed Greg.

"Oh see, he's here now."

    "Morning! Breakfast is served!"

     Greg announced then quickly and carefully put the tray on the table beside them before the kids kiss him good morning.

     "Waffles!"

     Both Adan and Abbey exclaimed.

"Wow, dad! Consistent cooking for our breakfast this few days po ah!"

"I have to," Greg smiled then wraps them around his arms. "I don't want you to think na wala na akong oras sa—"

"Dad, we're not thinking that way. And besides, I know you have to work for us."

"I know you understand, gusto ko lang bumawi din."

"Bumawi to?"

"Sa inyo ni Adan and sa mommy niyo," Greg smiled then reaches Tricia's hand to kiss it. "I love you."

Tricia smiled then mouthed a simple 'thank you' to him.

"Papa ice cream used to do that too!" Adan suddenly speaks.

     This instantly caught Greg's attention.

"Right mommy? He did that before when we are in... where is it again po m—"

"Dan," Abbey abruptly covers his mouth.

She looks back to her parents.

"No, Abbey, let him finish," Greg said.

"Dad, let's just eat."

Abbey pulled a smile while she convinces her dad that it was nothing and that Adan might just telling things he wasn't sure

     But then Greg seems to think about it still.
------------------------------------------------------

"Just drop me here, papa," Halley told Vince while she picks up her stuff then unbuckled her seatbelt.

     "Make it fast ha, frappe ka lang no strong coffee," Vince said then helped her.

    "Yes, pa! All noted."

     "Buy something for your tito and ninong."

     "As long as you pay for it, pa."

     "Akala ko ba treat mo 'to for us?"