Chapter 135: Life is better at the beach

Day 6: Remaking Halley and Abbey's 16th with Adan's 1st Birthdays

"At last!" Vince said then exhaustedly rest his back on his seat.

After an eight-hour drive, they arrived at their destination exactly on time, as Vince had predicted.

He checked their three children in the backseat and discovered that they were all fast asleep. He gazed over at his wife, Tricia, who was blissfully asleep beside him too.

A smile started forming on his lips.

Vince reached his wife's hand, caressing it softly before he brought them to his lips.

I love you, he says.

Tricia felt his lips as she slowly opens her eyes, smiling once she saw Vince.

"We're here, honey," he told her.

"Really?" Tricia looked around then drew her eyes back to her husband, "did you drive all night, hon?" She cupped his face as Vince nods and smiled, "why didn't you wake me up? Sabi ko let's switch halfway diba."

"Ayos lang, hon," he held her hands, "hindi rin naman kita pag d-drive-vin."

"Kahit na hon, you should have at least woke me up to keep you company. You drove all night, you're restle—"

"I slept for an hour, okay na yun."

     "An hour only, hon?"

     Tricia gently caressed Vince's cheeks as he couldn't stop himself from smiling, hay, ang asawa ko.

     "Concerned, honey?" He joked then gently pulled the lever down a bit so he could carry his wife in his lap.

     "Of course, I do mister! I'm your wife!" She giggles, turned her back from him, and rests above his chest, "you drive all night tapos one-hour lang pahinga mo."

     "One-hour lang kasi diba we left at 10 pm last night tapos mga around 12 gising pa si Halley so she asked me if she can drive. I let her until 1 am before she wakes me up. She's sleepy na raw, ako naman daw ulit mag-drive," he explained.

"You must be exhausted."

     Vince hugged Tricia from behind, locking his arms around her but still cautious, "it's worth it," he smelled the back of her head.

     "Thank you, hon. You always give your best for me and the kids. I love you so much."

     "I love you too, hon."

     Both didn't hesitate to closed their gaps as they owned each other's lips, sharing a sweet lingering one.

     "What time is it na pala, hon? We should get the kids inside the rest house to continue their sleep—"

     "Actually, I have better plans, honey. Maaga pa, naman, hayaan muna natin silang matulog dito," he said then started tickling his wife's neck with his lips, "besides, we're on a beach, honey!" He added as he wiggled his brows up and down.