Chapter 41: Is sorry enough?

Despite how Adan's words hit Vince so deep it still didn't hinder him, he had been trying so hard to approach him.

     To at least make Adan listen to him.

But then all is too much for Adan to understand.

     He ended up crying badly.

Only then Vince decided to let this pass.

Greg carries Adan to at least calmed him down then held Tricia, "love, let's go."

When he felt Tricia didn't move, he looked back and saw Vince was also holding her.

"I need to talk to her."

"Diba nag request na yung attorney mo na to discuss with us th—"

"I need to talk to her now."

"Greg please," Tricia took off their hands from her. "Just bring Adan back to the lounge, susunod ako."

"No, I won't leave you here."

"Please."

     Greg heaves a sigh then drew his eyes to Vince.

"Only a minute, love."

Vince waited until Greg finally disappeared from their sight, he also asks the guards and his attorney to give them some privacy to talk.

"You're not leaving Halley, are you?"

"No, I won't. Not this time."

It was a relief for Vince as soon as he heard it from Tricia.

"Thank you for coming, Vince."

"No, thank you for telling me. I almost lose y—" from that moment Vince cut himself, "I almost lose Adan."

     If it wasn't for Tricia sending him a message earlier, he wouldn't know they were here. He wouldn't have the chance to stop them from leaving.

"I'm sorry if this had to happen."

"It's fine, as long as you and Adan will stay here."

"Are you alright? Masakit ba?"

Tricia carefully wiped few drops of blood dropping from Vince's lip.

"Yeah but it's nothing compared to what Adan said."

"I'm sorry about that, Vince."

"Okay lang, I understand him," Vince weakly smiled then held her hands. "Please talk to our son, Tricia."

"I will," Tricia assured him. "Are you mad at me for not telling you this? I'm really sorry Vince, but believe me, I've been thinking h—"

"Tricia, I'm not mad,"

He sighed.

"Sige na, I don't want you and Adan to get in trouble, sundan mo na sila. And please, tell me if Greg does anything to you and Adan."

     "He won't, Vince, don—"

     "We don't know that, Tricia. Be careful still."

Tricia nodded at him.

She just couldn't stop feeling guilty that after all she had done to Vince, he can still stand in there and speak those words.

     How he manages to still care for them.

     For her and Adan.

"Go now," Vince said again.

He let her go although deep down he wanted so badly to take Adan with him.