Chapter 91: The meet up

Halley was back to watching their video clips again to help herself remember her entire life back then.

     She was also checking out his papa's art materials, paintings, photographs, and even those she hasn't seen before.

     *knock knock*

     "Ate, are you still inside?"

     "Yup! It's open!" She shouted.

     Vince emerged from the door and found his daughter on the same spot, submerged in his artworks and their video clips before.

     "You're still watching our clips, sweet pea?"

     "It helps me remember, Pa," Halley looked back at her papa then smiled, "plus I get tons of info about you and mama!"

     "Ikaw talaga," Vince chuckles as he brushes her hair with his fingers.

     "I see you didn't finish the painting, papa."

     "It takes time, anak."

     "Sus! Si papa! Gusto mo pa ata nandito si tops mo so you'll get more inspired," Halley frowned and made her papa chuckles, "I'm a bit tampo pa nga eh!"

     "Tampo? Bakit naman?"

     "Eh, kasi I've been asking you to paint for years pero you keep saying na ayaw mo and hindi ka na marunong. But when mama ask you—"

     "Ganun talaga yun, anak. It's a couple thing, you'll understand it. But definitely not soon."

"Wait, Papa, are you heading out?"

"Yeah, I'll be seeing a lawyer."

"A lawyer?" She curiously asks.

"Yes, he'll handle our petition."

Halley finally understands what her papa was telling, "oh, I remember that petition. You and mama will push it pa rin pala, but don't get me wrong, papa, ha!"

"Alam ko na ang sasabihin mo, you're happy for us pero at the same time you're thinking of Abbey diba?"

She weakly smiles then nods.

"I'm sorry kung nadadamay kayo ni Abbey dito, anak," Vince held her hands, "but I've made my decision, Hal."

"I know, papa," she hugs him tightly, "after all those years, you deserve to be happy."

Vince didn't think twice to hug her back, "thank you, sweet bean," he kisses her temple, "your mama and I love you so much."

"I love you guys too!"

"Anyway, want to come with me?"

"I have some errands to run later, Pa."

"Errands?" He frowned.

"Meet up with my friends!"

     "Sige pero may curfew ka ha, and always call me and mama to know where you are," Vince hugs her again before they bid goodbye to each other.
------------------------------------------------------

     After the Sunday service, Greg, Tricia, and the kids decided to have lunch at Lartizan then drop by at high street for some afternoon gala.

     "Churros!" Adan's eyes widened.

     Greg was surprised, Dan didn't know what churros is, he thought to himself.

     "Daddy, can we get churros? I want it!"