Chapter 177: Homemade love

That same day, Tricia was scheduled for her 9-week appointment with her private obstetrician.

Moreover, considering her check-up will be at the hospital where Vince works, she would be riding with her husband.

Vince requested that he accompany his wife's checkup.

"Hon, aren't you going to work right now?" Tricia inquired of her husband.

The couple had been on their way to the OB clinic at this point.

"No, honey, I'll go with you."

Vince beamed at Tricia then gently drew his wife by the waist.

Tricia couldn't help but smile while she wrapped her hands around him.

She was overjoyed that Vince made a concerted effort to accompany her to every OB checkup for it has been several years since they had done as such when she was still pregnant with Halley.

Likewise, Vince pledges he shall strive better to remain by Tricia's side throughout her pregnancy considering he was unable to do so while his wife was pregnant with Adan.

"Thank you, hon, for constantly assisting me and providing me with all I require,"

Instead of responding directly;

Vince kissed her and whispered, "I love you, honey. You and our family."

"I love you, too, hon," she says tenderly as she touches his face.

In just about any way, they arrived at the clinic promptly.

Tricia's ob greeted them and asked them the standard questions to somehow get them acquainted.

Vince, naturally, made certain that Tricia was comfortable in her seat before selecting a spot for himself.

"Well, since you're in your ninth week of pregnancy, I'll address any chronic health problems you may have and how they will influence or be affected by your pregnancy—if you only have, okay?" The ob explained to Tricia while she was gathering her medical supplies.

Although it was not Tricia's first pregnancy, she was nonetheless concerned, owing to complications throughout her first pregnancy with Halley. What she desires would be for their baby to be safe.

Nevertheless, Vince desired the same thing.

"And if I don't have? Isn't that a good thing?" Tricia questioned, still concerned.

"Of course, that's a positive indication; it implies you're healthy, the baby is healthy, and you and your spouse are doing an excellent job."

"Thank you, doc! I've been doing my best," Vince says, making Tricia smile.

Vince smiled and sought for Tricia's hands for warmth and soothing massage; although his wife didn't express it explicitly, he knew she was concerned that the pregnancy would have complications again.

"Hey, honey, breathe. Everything will be great," he kisses her hand, "and if we somehow get back to that rough journey again, it will be fine. We've been there and we made it through. Just look at our ate Halley now!"

Tricia will not deny; it was exactly what she needed to hear. This was the assurance that if situations didn't go as planned, she knew Vince would always be at her side.

"Thank you, hon; you know precisely how to put me at ease."

The ob smiled at them before she proceeds, "I will undertake a comprehensive physical exam, including examining your thyroid and breasts and listening to your heart and lungs."