Chapter 162: Evening Fiasco

Greg smugly spoke as he parked the car near a grand hotel, "So? What can you say? Do you trust me now?"

     His accomplice replied, "How did you know they'd be here?"

     "Remember the phone I slipped in Tricia's bag yesterday? It's actually a tracker with a built-in covert listening device."

     "Is that what you've been listening to since kanina? Are we snooping on them now?"

     "Just keep tracking them, that's all," he smirked.

     "Well, as you've been eavesdropping in their private conversation—'

     "They're no longer private anymore. I've been listening to it for a while."

     "And you haven't even allowed me to listen? Not fair actually," speaking in a joking manner that made Greg chuckle.

     "Some conversations are actually better when we didn't hear them."

     "If you say so," conceded defeat, "so when are we planning to start, I brought my g—"

     "Hold on," Greg said, interrupting his accomplice, "we're not using it. I told you earlier. Hindi ka ata nakikinig sa akin."

     "My plan is better and simpler. You'll get Tricia and your kids, and I'll get what I want."

     "Are you really that furious with Vince? Aren't you the one who h—"

     "I'm not mad at him, just following orders. I'm simply doing my job."

     Greg sought to inspect the person next to him, despite the fact that they had been together for a long time, he had no idea who that person was.

     However, he doesn't care what this person's intention would be to Vince; all he cares about is getting Tricia and their children back.

     "All right, it's up to you," sighed, "what else do you plan to change aside from what we've already discussed?"

     Greg shook his head, "Well, I'll go to a party while you stay here, undercover, just in case my plan—"

     "Are you completely insane? You're going inside?"

     "What's the big deal? Isn't it fun? Besides, Vince has no idea I've been released from jail," Greg said, his tuxedo pressed and his hair brushed with his fingers.

     "Vince know you've been released."

     "How?!" Greg exclaimed, looking at his partner.

     "He called our firm last night, and because I wasn't there, they told him the truth, that you'd been released and—"

     "And I f***ing don't care," Greg shouted as if his plot had already been thwarted.

     Nonetheless, he continued to prepare himself and decided to carry on with his plan, albeit with discretion.
------------------------------------------------------

     Whilst everyone else was enthralled with the celebrations, Vince kept his gaze fixed on his wife, Tricia.

     Vince kept a close eye on Tricia so that if she requires assistance, he can provide it immediately.

     He was pleased to see that his wife was enjoying herself at the party, even though he was becoming weary of conversing with random individuals about business.

     "Vince, remember the clients I have been telling you about?" Conrad asks Vince, "Yung sinabi ko sayong nag re-request sa firm natin?"

     "Ah, certainly, I remember. Bakit?" he inquired.