Chapter 155: This I believe

The aircraft soon landed at the destination, Vince and Tricia were still assisting Halley as she returned to her calm state.

     "Ma, Pa, I'm fine na po," She smiled at her parents, resting her arms around their back.

     Tricia turned, "Are you sure?"

     "Yes, so please po."

     "What really happened, anak? Ano ba kasi ang iniisip mo," Vince asked her concerned.

     "Can we please talk about it later po? Let's enjoy our time."

     The couple exchanges glances, Vince could not help but heave a sigh as they agreed to let this one pass for now.

     "But you still have to talk to us later, okay?"

     "Yes, Pa, once we got home, promise!" She assured them before holding her bro's hand, "can we go now?"

     They both nodded.

     "See you two inside, faster po! I'm sure they are waiting for us and I'm starving!"

     "Yes, be careful kayo ni Adan."

     "We will po, Mama!" Adan replied.

The couple watched their children make their way inside the restaurant where they were supposed to have their lunch.

Vince and Tricia were just about to follow their children when Tricia stopped Vince for a second to ask him.

"Hon, is Halley alright? I'm worried, she was on the verge of br—"

"She seems fine now, nakikipag-kulita—"

"I'm serious, Vince."

"Honey, she's alright. We've been through a lot of this. She can manage this always," he assured his wife.

"I'm just worried, hon. I never saw her that way. She's pale and—"

Vince gently caressed her shoulders, "she's okay, honey. You don't have to worry. I won't let anything happen to her again."

Tricia sighed as she briefly smiled before she embraced her husband who reciprocated the hug too.

"I know you'll always protect her, hon. I love you for that."

Without saying a word, Vince planted a soft kiss on Tricia's forehead then asked her if they can head inside also to join their family and friends.
------------------------------------------------------

At the restaurant...

"A toast not only to one of us, rather to the friendship we treasure. The one we have that has seen us through the ups and downs of life. The one who has been here through defeat and conquered battles," Andrei proposed a toast

     All were enthralled by Andrei's succinct yet profound remarks.

     Vince, on the other hand, had been gazing at his family and friends when his thoughts entangled with him.

    All of the memories replayed in his mind. It wasn't only the pleasant ones. Also, those near-death experiences in which he sees his entire life history in a flash.

     He vividly recalls the pain of losing their daughter and how he gradually lost his will to live also after his wife renounces him. He did feel his existence was meaningless. Not until he managed to find Halley, who restored his drive to live.

     Vince couldn't stop thinking about how far he had come. He just believed that there was a purpose behind everything that had transpired.

     Tricia noticed him.