Chapter 100: Unexpected Surprise (Part 1)

Vince was getting ready for the exhibit he will be attending in the evening.

     All was set, from his Giorgio Armani two-piece wool tuxedo down to his Florsheim Amelio Penny Loafer

     Accessorizing it with his Rolex and even prepared his Dolce & Gabbana light blue pour homme.

     Halley was the one who prepared his clothes and accessories—she was good at it, just like her mama—and so Vince doesn't have to have a hard time choosing.

*knock knock*

"Papa, can I come in?"

"Bukas 'yan, anak."

The door opened and revealed Halley, she quickly stepped inside, "naks, you look guapo tonight, Pa."

Halley pulled him for a tight hug.

"Thanks to you, you're good at this, sweet pea," Vince brushed his hair, "but isn't this too much, anak?"

"Too much? Pa, if mama's here, I'm sure she'll prepare you the same—"

"Okay, okay," he surrendered.

"Wait, old bean!"

Halley pulled her papa to the right corner of the room and asked Vince to do his signature guapo pose.

     "What are you doing?"

"I just took a photo of you, Pa!"

"What's this for, sweet pea?"

"Hmm," she giggles.

"Are you going to post it?"

"Nope," Halley grinned, "I'll send it to your tops so when mama sees you in that outfit I'm sure she'll come to the event. Ikaw pa, hindi ka matitiis nun, Pa."

"Sus, nagbiro pa. Anak nga kita."

"I'm serious, papa!"

"Bakit, she's talking to you ba? Ano sa akin lang hindi sumasagot mama mo?"

"Hindi, she's not answering me too. But who knows, for sure nababasa naman niya mga message natin."

Vince suddenly becomes serious, "you'll tell me when mama talks to you right?"

"Of course, Pa, you'll be the first one to know," Halley hugs him.

He kisses her temple before he withdraws from their tight embrace, "I have to go now, you'll be okay here ha."

"Yes, pa, I'll be fine here."

"Lock the doors, okay? Message me from time to time."

     "I will, Pa, enjoy the night! Love you!"