Chapter 50: The life we knew we would have (part 2)

Vince was currently working on his laptop and decided to stay at their back patio since the ambiance gives him relaxation.

Tricia and their kids; Halley and Adan, were inside the house.

All three of them were having fun baking and making some treats for them to feast on later.

And of course, to satisfy their sweet tooth.

Loud giggles and some few running sounds can be heard making Vince smiled, I never thought our sweet little bean will be this happy again, he told himself.

He decided to stop working for a while to check on the inside.

"Are you guys not done yet?" He asked.

"Not yet, papa!" Halley emerged from the kitchen, running fast towards him.

Halley was almost covered in cream with a bit traces of chocolates all over her face when Adan followed his ate too.

     And guess what.

     Just like Halley, Adan was covered in whipped cream and chocolates to0.

"What happens to your faces?"

"Basta, go back outside na papa, you shouldn't see this yet!" Halley pushed him away.

"Get out na, papa ice cream!"

Adan helped his ate to push Vince back outside which caused him to laughed.

"Fine! Fine, lalabas na ulit," he chuckles.

Vince suddenly pulled them for a hug then pinches their noses.

"Papa!" Halley frowned.

She tried her best to stop him.

"Make it quick, okay. Ang daya niyo, mama niyo lang gusto niyong ka-bonding."

"We're making it for you, papa ice cream!"

Adan suddenly hugs him on his waist.

"What are you making for me ba?"

Before Adan could speak another word, Halley gently covers his mouth.

"It's a secret for now, papa!"

"No clues?"

"Basta, you'll like it."

"Is that even a clue?"

"You really want a clue, old bean? Fine," Halley smirked at him. "All I can assure you is that your to—"

"Not a chance, sweet bean."

Vince cut her off and was not able to finish her sentence.

"Sus, si papa!"

"C'mon Hal, sige na go back inside," he shrugged off then let them go. "Hintayin ko kayo dito."

Halley kisses her papa's cheeks, "basta when it comes to tops-topic!" she almost whispered while smirking.

"Kulit mo!" Vince laughed it off.

"Like you?"

     Their papa was about to speak again when Halley gently holds Adan's hand then make a run back to the kitchen.

     He watches them until disappeared from his sight, shrugged off then decided to sit back on his spot.

     *beep - notifications*