Chapter 161: Unfolded Yore

Next Day...

     Halley awoke. sweating. It had been days since she started experiencing flashes about the plane tragedy once again.

     She assumed this would cease once she found her mother, but she was naive.

      Everything that has transpired previously had only exacerbated the situation.

     She began to experience new flashes, but she kept them to herself.

     Halley feels like everything in their family went smoothly now, as far as she was concerned, and she does not want them to be concerned about her.

     Ugh! Halley groaned while attempting to recall the episode she had in the evening.

     While doing so, she noticed Abbey wasn't in their room anymore—well, she knew Abbey had always been a morning folk.

     Anyway, she shook it off and stood since she couldn't remember the flashes she had and all were still vague and strange to her.

     Halley goes through her daily ritual before leaving their room and heading towards the room across to check on Adan, only to find him still sleeping.

     She checked the time and realized it was only 7 a.m., which meant it was already 10 a.m. in New York.

     Only then did she recall their papa telling them last night that they'd be busy preparing for a gathering they will be attending tonight, so she simply texted them to say she was awake now.

     When Halley went downstairs to make her coffee, she noticed Abbey on the back patio—she frequently saw her there—and so she brewed two coffees for them to savor.

     She goes out and approaches her sister once the coffee is ready.

     "Good morning, Avs," Halley greeted her, "Coffee?"

     Abbey smiled and accepted it, inviting Halley to sit beside her, "You know I'm not a fan of cofs but it seems like I needed that now," she said.

     Halley laughs and says, "You're welcome."

     "Hal, I noticed you sweating and panting kanina, and I tried to wake you up, but ayaw mo. I waited in our room till you relaxed again, okay ka lang?"

     "I'm alright, Avs," Halley replied, "but you know me, I constantly get flashes."

     "Didn't it stop yet?"

     "I had the same thought, but it turns out I was mistaken."

     "Do you think there's anything I can do about—"

     "Thank you for your concern, Avs," she says, reaching out her hand, "but trust me, it's something I can handle on my own. I will be alright. Anyway, let's not speak about me na! What about you? How's your research? Found anything?"

     Abbey pulled a smile as she said, "Uhm yeah, I found two photographs of her actually."

     "Really? Can I see her too?" Halley couldn't believe it, but she was glad for her.

     She hands her the iPad and says, "Sure, let me show you."

"