Chapter 159: Oh, Manhattan! (Part 2)

Vince stopped the car exactly in front of the restaurant before confronting his wife, who was seated next to him, and silently looked out the window as if contemplating.

"Hon," he said as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

Tricia was unable to respond. She doesn't seem to have acknowledged anything Vince stated.

Vince got concerned and carefully grabbed her hand, "honey?"

"Hmm? Yes, hon?" she eventually spoke as she cast a peek behind her.

"Are you okay, honey?" he said as he drew closer, "I've been watching you and you looked disturbed since kanina pa, Trish. What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Tricia said, softly patting her husband's palm, "I'm fine."

"All right," Vince said, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead, "let's move now, honey," unbuckling her seatbelts as well.

"Where are we, hon?" she said, peering around.

"We drove back to The City Vineyard. You mentioned you wanted us to eat dinner here diba. Trish, are you certain you're okay?"

"Ah yes!" Tricia feigned a chuckle. "I just remembered that now, my bad hon," she said as she caressed his cheek, "let's go now."

When Vince realized Tricia wasn't wearing her coat, he asked, "You won't be wearing your coat?"

"I won't need it. I'll just use my scarf."

"But, honey, what if you and the baby were cold?"

"But hon, I just want to experience the chill evening breeze."

Vince sighed, what else could he do if he couldn't say no to his wife? "Fine, dalhin ko na lang if you would not want to wear it pa. Just in case," he said.

"Thank you, hon," she hugged him, "if I ever felt freezing, you'd be there naman, so I wouldn't have to worry much."

"Naks. I prefer that, honey. Huwag ko na lang kaya dalhin ito? Yakapin na lang kita the rest of the evening?"

"I knew you'd say that, sweetheart!" chuckles Tricia.

"You know me too well," he said as he drew her in closer.

-----

The couple was about to take a seat when Vince was beckoned.

"Engineer Gomez!"

Vince turned around, "Architect!"

Another couple approached the two, saying, "Oh my goodness, Tricia! It's you!"

"Hello, Zsa! It's great to see you and Con here."

"Believe me, we're as surprised as you may be to just seeing you two again!" Conrad remarked.

"I don't mean to be inquisitive, but I was just wondering if—you know, are you two dating again, or is this just a formal friendly date?" Zha inquired.

"This isn't just a casual date," Vince says as he kisses Tricia on the temple.

"Wow, that's really great news!" said the other pair.

"How did it happen? Don't get us wrong ah, masaya kami para sa inyo," they added.

"It's a long story," Tricia says, chuckling.

"We have all the time," Conrad replied with a smile.

"Wait, are you going to dine here inside? You know it is quite dull here, so why don't you two come and join us. Let's eat at the roof deck, the view is absolutely captivating. Double date!" Zha invited them.