Chapter 19: Tito ice cream

Adan woke up once he felt the sun rays striking his face through the glass window in his room.

A smile immediately painted on his lips as he quickly gets up from his bed, went to the bathroom to wash his face—like how his mom taught him— then head straight to his ate's room.

Abbey's bedroom was not always locked for an emergency, just in case she gets sudden attacks in the middle of the night.

*knock knock*

That was how they taught him, knock first before entering a room.

The door opens and Abbey was surprised to see Adan right in front of her door.

It was still early that morning so she didn't expect Adan to be awake by that time, he usually woke up when everyone else in the house had woken up too.

"Good Morning ate!"

Adan sweetly greeted which Abbey responded with a good morning too then invited him inside her room.

"Why wake up so early, baby Dan?"

"Are you going to Mr. ice cream's house again po?"

Abbey chuckles then patted his head.

"You still call him Mr. ice cream?"

"He told me he likes it po."

"Tito ice cream sounds good too, baby Dan. Might try calling him that."

"Why? Is he my tito po?"

"Well, he is your ate Hailey's papa and Hailey is my friend. Tito Vince is also mom and dad's friends so we can call him tito."

Abbey explained it to Adan in the simplest way she knows while Adan was nodding at her.

"But he's not our relative, okay. We just call him tito to respect him and for an appropriate way of calling him."

"Okay po but you did not answer my question po eh."

"Sorry, baby Dan." She chuckles again then tightly hugged him. "I'm not going to their house eh, Hailey's coming over here to spend the day with us."

"And Mr. ice—tito Vince." Adan chuckled too when he remembers. "Coming here too?"

"I don't think so, Dan. Tito is busy with his works kasi eh as said by Hailey."

"Can you call him ate? I want to ask him to come here po."

"I don't have his number, baby."

Their conversation was put on hold when a loud knocking caught their attention.

Tricia peeked through the half-open door.

"Good Morning, sweetie—oh baby, you're here too?" She asked surprised then made her way towards them. "Can I join my babies in bed?"

"Sure mum." Abbey smiled then made a space between her and Adan for their mom.

"Why you two wake up so early? And what are my sweeties talking about?" Tricia asks.

"Adan was the first to wake up, mum. I'm surprised pa nga po." Abbey told her.

"Mommy, can you call tito ice cream po?" Adan suddenly speaks making Tricia flinched a little.

"D-did you just call him tito?"

"Yes mommy, ate Abbey told me po."

Tricia pulled a smile then nodded at them, Abbey finds it a bit unusual and odd—weird if she might say.