Chapter 178: Rough and tumble

The sun shines brightly in the blue and pure skies, as well as its beams, reach the glass pane, causing Halley to finally wake up.

     She had been panting and sweating as she struggled to regain her breath.

     What the h*ll was it all about? She grumbled as she attempted to unwind.

     Halley has been plagued by flashbacks for some days now, but she has not disclosed anything to her parents nor anyone else.

     She desired they won't have to worry about her, and she assumed she'd be able to cope with her difficulties and figure things out through her own.

     So then she reclined on her bed, grabbed for her phone to check the time, and spotted a note above it.

     Halley read the note without hesitation.

I'm running errands today, might not be able to answer the phone. Be back soon. Have a great day!

-  Abbey

     "Talk about having a good day!" She giggled.

     Halley wondered where Abbey might have gone but promptly dismissed the notion as she had tasks to do as well, thus she jumped out of bed and went directly to the lavatory to complete her morning routines.

     She then went to check on her brother in his room, but it was empty, so she double-checked the clock, and it was still early.

     'Where is he?' she wondered, a little worried.

     Promptly went to their parents' room, only then to discover it empty as well.

     Oomff, where have they gone?!

     Halley dashed downstairs, seeking for everyone else, when she found Adan in the garden, playing with their dogs while he ride his electric vehicle, which brought her relief.

     Almost had to approach her brother to inquire where everyone else was when Tricia unexpectedly greeted her with a 'good morning, sweetpea!'

     "Good morning, Ma! Do you and Papa are making breakfast?"

     "No, sweetpea, he went on his morning bike ride."

    "Oh, good," she said, nodding. "Are you still preparing? Do you need a hand po?"

    "No need, Hal; I'm nearly done, go play with Dan while we wait for Papa; he said he'll be home in 15 minutes."

     "Sure, Mama!" She says softly, "but if you need help, simply call me; you know Papa doesn't want you moving around too much!"

     "I will, sweet bean," Tricia replies while she caresses her cheeks.

     "And ooh, I remember Abbey leaving this in our room, Ma," Halley said as she gave her the paper.

     "Yes, certainly, she said she'd go see visit her mother."

      Suddenly, the room fell silent, and no one spoke between the two of them again until Halley flinched.

     "You let her leave by herself, Ma?"

     "No, she's with Gio, of course."

     Halley keeps nodding then she embraced her Mama anew, "Ma, have you been speaking to Abbey? I believe she needs you more now."

     Tricia generally frowned at her daughter and remarked, "Unbelievable. She said the same thing to me about you, Anak."

     Halley felt nervous straight away, although she didn't display it.