Chapter 51: The life we knew we would have (part 3)

"Hal, don't bring your brother into the deep part, baka pagalitan ako ng mama niyo," Vince told their kids.

     He was sitting at the tumbona while watching over Halley and Adan as they swim.

     "It's fine papa, I got him," Halley assured their papa. "He also has his floaters!"

     "No worries, papa ice cream! I know how to swim po," Adan exclaimed.

     After their eating-sundae, while running around the house was over, the kids requested their parents if they can swim for the rest of the afternoon.

     And also to have their dinner outside.

"Hi, sorry for that," Tricia suddenly speaks as she emerges from the house.

She walked straight towards Vince and sat beside him as she watches their kids again.

"Si Greg?" Vince asks right away.

He was referring to the one who recently called Tricia which was why she has to went back inside and talked to him for a while.

"Yes," Tricia nodded.

     She then looked at Vince.

     "He informed me lang that he and Abbey were safe and at home now."

     "Where did they go?"

     Tricia felt like she doesn't want to reply.

    But then why not? Vince knew it anyway.

     "In the cemetery."

     "She visits her mom?"

     "Yes," she pulled a smile while nodding.

     Vince nodded his head too while looking at Tricia who was now looking at their kids.

     "Tricia," he calls.

     She looked at him, "yes?"

     "I talked with the lawyer."

     "For?" Tricia curiously asks.

     "To process Adan's documents, I want him to use my Gomez. Don't worry with the payments, I've got it all."

     "Okay, sorry I have to make him use—"

    "It's fine, I understand it."

     In the middle of their conversation, their kids suddenly went up to them and asked if they can join them in the swimming pool.

     The two suddenly looked at each other again as if waiting for each one's answer.

     Tricia thought aside from she hasn't brought any suits for that, she just doesn't want to swim.

     Vince noticed her reaction and even if she doesn't speak, he understood.

     "Next time na lang kami, baby."

     "Why, papa ice cream?"

     "Kasi we have to prepare for our dinner."

     "Pa, it's only 4 in the afternoon."

     Halley frowned at him.

     "Diba request niyo barbecue for dinner?" Tricia suddenly speaks. "It will take longer to cook kaya your papa has to start early."

     "Hmm," Halley stared at them for a while. "Okay, let's go back babie Dan," she told her brother.

     Vince and Tricia watch their kids went back to the pool again.