Chapter 104: Hold on to me

"You're here," Tricia says. She still couldn't believe that last night she saw Greg before she got unconscious.

And now that she woke up, Vince was right there beside her.

"Yes, hon, I'm here."

Vince held her hands.

"Hon," she weakly smiled at him, "can you pass me some water please, thank you."

     "Sure," he gently squeezed her hands as he kisses her forehead before he stood up then poured her some water.

     "Thank you," she smiled.

     He helped her sits up a little as she drinks the water carefully.

     Vince could notice her uneasiness. He felt her body was hot, her hands were trembling and so he looked if she has flushed cheeks.

     "What are you doing?"

     "I'm checking you, hon."

     Tricia couldn't reply as she just feels a general weakness.

     Vince placed the back of his hands on her forehead, "ang init mo, hon, nilalagnat ka ata. Wait here, I'll call the doctor."

     "V-Vince," she tugged his arms.

     "I'll just call your doctor, hon."

     *knock knock*

     The door opens as the doctor emerges, "Mr. Ma—oh," he stops and looked at Vince, "who are you? Are you visiting the patient?"

"Vince, Doc. I'm her husband," Vince lends his hand with a smile.

Tricia curiously glanced at Vince, did he just said husband? but then shrugged it off for she feels cold.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. Sorry. I just remembered about what happened earlier, they heads me up in the office."

"Doc, can I ask what happen to my wife?"

     "Well, base on my examination, your wife has been staying up late which caused her to be dehydrated and she's past borderline to being anemic. She also has a fever..."

     He was listening to the doctor then glanced at Tricia who was now back to resting.

"Your wife needs rest, a couple of days would be nice. She also needs a lot of fluids and she might experience headaches so—"

"Tylenol might help."

"Yes," the doctor nods.

"You're monitoring my wife right? She'll be admitted for two to three days perhaps?"

The doctor looks at Vince, quite impress at him, "well you are right, Mr. Vince. How did you—"

"I'm also a doctor from California, Dr. Vicente Gomez."

"No wonder you look familiar."

The two doctors continue to discuss about Tricia's situation until finally, he decided to go and left the room with Vince and Tricia.

"Excuse me."

"Thank you, Doc."

"I have to go check my other patients, you look after your wife," says the doctor and left.

     Vince closes the door then made his way back to Tricia, he sits right beside her in the foldable chair.

     His eyes fixed on her face, tracing every bit of her features, admiring her. He then clasped her free hand in his and begin to slowly and gently caressing it.