Chapter 47: Can we fix this?

"Hi, Dad!" Abbey peeked through the glass door of her dad's office to see if he was busy or not. "Can I come in?"

     "Sure," Greg replied with a nod.

     Abbey quickly walked towards him.

     Instead of sitting at the vacant chairs inside, she chose to sit on her father's lap.

     "Dad..."

She sighed then hugs him.

     "What's the matter, sweetheart?"

     Greg stops working on his laptop for a moment then hugged his daughter in return.

     Gently caressing her back.

     "Are you and mum st—"

     "We're fine, sweetie. How many times do we have to tell you that?"

     He smiled while brushing her hair with his fingers until he felt Abbey buried her face on his chest.

     Tightens her hugs.

     Greg knew in an instant that it bothers her.

     "Why did I still saw mum sleeping in baby Dan's room?"

     Abbey waited for a reply.

     But Greg wasn't able to answer right away.

     "Dad, you told me na nag tatampo lang si mommy."

     "Tampo lang yun, don't worry about us."

     "It's been a week dad, I know you guys."

     Abbey looked up to her dad and could trace the worrying on her face.

     "It's just a petty fight, no big deal."

     "If it's tampo only, it would have ended in just a day only kasi ganun kayo diba. You wouldn't want to end a day na you and mum still has quarrels."

     Greg heaves a sigh.

     He then cupped her face.

    Knowing Abbey, he couldn't really hide these things from her.

     She would always find out.

     "Ayaw pa akong kausap ng mommy mo."

     "And so?"

"Abbey—"

"Dad, you always find ways to solve this. Always, dad. None ever failed."

     Greg pulled another smile.

     He tucked the strands of her hair under his daughter's ears.

     "You promised me, dad."

    "I didn't forget it, my angel."

-----

Little Abbey just woke up and still in her pajamas but decided to head downstairs and looked for her dad. She was walking through the stairs, yawning, her right hand was gliding in the balusters while the other holding her most love teddy bear.

"Daddy!" Abbey called.

     She then immediately sat in her dad's lap as soon as she found him in the living room.

"Good Morning, my sweetheart," Greg greeted her with a kiss on her forehead.

"Mommy sleeps in my room again po," Abbey crossed her arms, eyebrows meet. "Daddy, I told you not to make mommy cry."