chapter one;

May 12, 1974

"Oh come on darling! We need to find you a man soon or it'll be too late!" Freddie said, sipping his tea.

"I dunno Fred, the guys you've sent me with I seem to have no interest in whatsoever." I say.

"Darling just one more time. Please, I promise I'll find you someone you'll truly love, just like me and Mary." He says clasping his hands together.

Freddie was famous for being in the band Queen. I haven't really met the rest of the band yet, but he tells me he'll take me to the studio to meet them soon.

"Fine Fred, I guess come barge into my flat like you always do to tell me what this mystery man has said."

"Oh darling! You wont regret it I promise!" He said, getting up from his seat.

"Call me tomorrow Fred when you've got this mystery guy."

"Alright dear, goodbye." He said, walking out the door.

I heard cameras going off, I guess paparazzi had gotten to Freddie.

I have a feeling I was going to regret this soon. But I trust Freddie, so I guess I'll see if I will regret it later.

My name is Madelyn Freeman, but I get called Maddie. I was born here in London. My parents are very sick people and I didn't like talking to them at all. Freddie is my best friend from college, and I'm grateful to have him in my life. He can be a tad bit pushy with my dating life, but that's alright because he doesn't want me to end up lonely. He's always trying to buy me stuff, I quickly decline, but sooner or later he ends up buying what he had in mind for me. It's fun to have a rockstar as your best friend sometimes, but it can get a bit annoying with the paparazzi.

But in the end, I was still happy to have Freddie in my life, but if only I got to talk to the rest of the band more.