chapter one hundred ninety three;

August 18, 1979

"Again Winnie, thank you so much for coming on tour with us. The twins are so happy they got to spend the nights with you," I said as she was about to leave our house.

"Oh it's not a problem at all, I love helping out my son and his beautiful wife." She smiled.

I blushed a bit as Roger went to go wave him mum bye.

The twins were sat on the couch mumbling to each other and making each other laugh. I heard the phone ring, so I reassured Roger that I'd get it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Maddie," Chrissie said on the other lines.

"Chrissie! How are the twins doing?" I asked excitedly.

"They're doing good, and I have more news too. Brian ditched Anita for me, so I've decided to give him another chance. If you see him cheating again, please tell me," she said.

"Of course, glad you two worked things out. I'll talk to you later, bye Chris," I said.

"Bye Maddie," she said before she hung up.

"Who was that love?" Roger asked as he sat down next to the twins.

"Chrissie. Her and Brian made up, but I'm not sure it's the best idea," I said.

"Well that's her problem if he fucks up, now let's look at the positive side. I'll be home for a while and we'll get to watch the twins grow up more," Roger said as I sat next to him.

"Could you call Veronica and tell her that she can drop off Princess?" I asked as I held a squirming Holly Mae in my arms.

"Of course petal," he said as he kissed my cheek.

An hour later.

"Thank you Ronnie," I said as I hugged her.

"No problem Maddie, we should really have a girls day out without boys or children," she chuckled.

We said our goodbyes and I went back inside.

"P-uppy!" Holly said as Princess came on the couch next to her.

"That's adorable," Roger chuckled.

"You were right, we did work hard on them didn't we?" I said as I sat in his lap.

"Indeed we did petal," he said as he placed a few kisses down my neck.

I heard a knock at the door. Roger got up and answered it. It was Freddie, although he had cut his hair shorter from when we saw him earlier today.

"Nice haircut Fred," I said.

"Thank you darling, I just came to tell Roger news about our new album. We'll be recording February-May of next year. Take this time off and spend it wisely. I'll see you soon, I don't want to keep Paul waiting," he said.

We waved goodbye and thought to ourselves over and over.

Why is Paul still trying to steal Freddie.