chapter one hundred sixty two;

November 14, 1977

"Oh Maddie darling, the boys and I say happy birthday!" Freddie almost yelled into the phone.

"Thank you Fred, it means a lot. I'm glad you guys brought up the break so then I'll get to see Roger," I said still excited.

"Oh of course darling! But we must thank Led Zeppelin, their the reason we had to move it up," he said.

"Well hey, I'm not complaining," I giggled.

We talked for a little while longer, I tried to be as quiet as I could trying not to wake up Lizzie. Freddie and I hung up and I went to go lay down on the couch.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"Coming!" I said. Veronica looked over trying to see who it was.

"Delivery for Mrs. Taylor," a man said.

"That's me," I said. He handed me a fruit basket with all sorts of fruits, I didn't know who sent it.

I looked at the tag and that's when a smile grew on to my face.

I thanked the man and set it on the coffee table in front of Veronica.

"So it's obviously from Roger," she snickered like a little school girl.

I giggled as I read the card, god it was so sweet.

Hello my love, I thought I'd order this for you for your birthday. I'm so sorry I can't be there for your big day, but I hope 27 does you well until I get back

rog x

I had to thank Roger for this the next time he called me. I really don't know what I did to deserve him.

"Want some?" I asked. Veronica nodded as she took some fruit.

Soon after that, Lizzie woke up fussy. I knew I was going to have it twice as bad in a few months.

"I'll go get her," she said as she got up. She was about a month pregnant, hopefully Lizzie would calm down a bit when the next Deacon baby comes along.

Although, I feel like I'm forgetting something.

"Ronnie? Where's Princess?" I shouted.

She came out with Lizzie right as she heard me say it.

"I dunno, I thought she was with you?" She said. I shook my head, she must have gotten out.

I opened the front door to look for her, but right as I did, there was Princess sitting right there at the door.

"How'd you get out there Princess?" I asked. She came right in and went straight for her bed.

"Guess she must've gotten out while you had the door open to talk to that man," Veronica said as she sat Lizzie down on the couch.

"Hm, guess you're right. At least she didn't run away or anything," I said she nodded. Lizzie giggled and laughed as Princess got up and made her way over to the couch.

"Aw, that's so cute," I cooed.

Princess sat herself up on the couch and Lizzie patted her head.

"Now that's adorable," Veronica chuckled.

I wonder how Roger's doing,