chapter one hundred sixty seven;

March 14, 1978
6:00 pm

"Breathe Mrs. Taylor, Breathe." The nurse said. I followed her instructions and did what she said. It was calming me down a lot.

I then felt a hand intertwine with mine. I smiled a bit before I got my first contraction.

"Ow! Ow!" I shouted. I squeezed my eyes shut thinking they would never be able to open again. I just about crushed poor Roger's hand.

"Breathe," the nurse said.

I felt a few tears run down my face. Roger rubbed my back in reassurance.

Ten minutes later.

"I'm afraid you're not dilated enough, you're going to have to wait a bit longer to give birth," the nurse said.

"Um ok. Ok, I think I can do it," I said heavily.

"I know you can do it petal," Roger smiled.

I was feeling another contraction, they were getting worse I swear. It had only been about ten minutes, so I was probably getting close.

"Roger-" I cried through the pain.

"Ow ow ow!" I said as more tears ran down my face. I looked up at Roger who was frowning.

Once it had stopped, I did more breathing. I'm pretty sure I just about crushed Roger's hand though. He was still frowning, was something wrong?

"Roger what's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just- I can't help you through this. You're in pain and there's nothing I can do. I know that it'll all be worth it in the end, but I just feel so bad there's nothing I can do," he said as he frowned some more.

"Roger- Its alright I'll be okay. It's not like this is going to kill me, it's just going to scar me. But it prepares me incase we want to have more kids," I said. He smiled at the thought, that's when I felt another contraction.

"It's only been five fucking minutes!" I shouted. I closed my eyes shut in pain, I was close to giving birth I could feel it.

The nurse came back in to check on me, she came and checked my stats. Her eyes widened.

"Mrs. Taylor, you're dilated enough. You can start by taking deep breaths in and out," she said. I nodded as started to breathe like the doctor told me to. I'm pretty sure as hell Roger was about to have a heart attack.

"Deep breath in, and push," she instructed. I took a breath in, and pushed as hard as I could.

"Keep pushing," she said. I took another breath in and pushed once more. I groaned in utter pain, this is the second worse pain I've felt.

"One more for the first baby, deep breath and push," she said.

I did as she said," I pushed one more time, this time it had to be harder. I heard a baby crying, so I must've done good.

"Alright Mrs. Taylor, you're going to have to do one big push if you want the second baby out," she said. I nodded as more tears rolled down my cheeks. Roger squeezed my hand in reassurance.

I pushed as hard as I could. When I heard a second baby crying, that's when I knew I pushed hard enough.

"Dad, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" The nurse asked. Roger nodded and cut it. They then took the babies over to beds to weigh them and clean them off.

Roger followed and was amazed by what he saw. He came back over holding our babies. He handed one of them to me and sat down with a huge smile on his face.

"They're finally here," he smiled.