chapter fourty four;

6:00 PM

We were getting ready to head out of the door for Freddie's house. I put on a red dress for the holiday spirit, and Roger wore a white button up shirt with a few buttons on top undone with a santa hat on his head. We had to carry so many different presents for the boys and the girlfriends.

One we had arrived, Fred's house was decorated only in the best of Christmas decoration. It was so beautiful around this time of year.

"Someday I'd like to get a house and do this, I think it'd be nice," I said as I beamed at the shining lights.

"I would want to buy a house too, but with you my love," Roger said as he pressed a kiss on my forehead.

We walked into Freddie's house to see a huge Christmas tree in the front foyer. It was absolutely magnificent, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Hello darlings! So glad you could make it. Please, have a seat with the others and we'll get this show on the road!" Freddie said as he jumped up and down.

We set down the many presents we were holding, and went to go see the others.

"Hello guys," Brian said as he sat down next to Chrissie.

"Glad you could join us," John said. I said hello to Veronica, Chrissie, and Mary as we all sat down in Freddie's huge living room.

"Alright lovies, let's get started!" Freddie said.

We gave out each other's gifts. I had received a lot of things I liked. I got a new pair of designer sunglasses from Freddie, some cooking supplies from Mary, a beautiful charm bracelet from Vera, a new dress from Deaky, and a book called Carrie I've wanted from Brian.

Roger looked like he got some new stuff he enjoyed as well.

"Thank you guys so much, this stuff is amazing!" I said as I gave them all hugs.

We spent the rest of our time there eating and talking for a few hours. By the time we're heading out, it was around 11 pm.

We headed home, and when we got there, we discovered the front door was wide open.

"Um Rog, why is the front door open like that?" I asked as we hopped out of the car.

"I dunno, but stay behind me in case somebody is in there," he said as he pulled me behind his back.

We walked in to the flat, only to see everything out everywhere. Pictures, papers, our belongings.

We also saw our window had been shattered open, and it looked like somebody forced their way in here.

That's when I panicked. It was clear nobody was in the house, so I ran to the dresser as fast as I could seeing it was wide open I started to cry.

"Babe what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked worriedly.

"Rog- I'm so sorry! I took my necklace off for the shower earlier and I forgot to put it back on. I saw it laying out so I thought I'd keep it safe in my dresser hidden, but the burglar got it!" I cried harder as he wrapped me in his arms.

"Shh, love. It'll be alright I promise. I'm not mad at you, but we will have the police come over and do a search in the morning alright?" He said calmly.

I nodded as we both decided to go to sleep. I did not want to spend my first Christmas with Roger like this.