chapter thirty four;

November 8, 1974

Freddie's POV

The boys and I pulled up to the new location of Maddie's party will be. It was a huge mansion that was used for parties and weddings.

"Wow Fred, how did you manage to rent this?" I heard Brian ask from behind me.

"I have my way darling, the workers should already be inside ready to decorate. Let's get in there and get this party ready." I said as we walked up to the entrance.

We walked in and I had to admit, it was absolutely stunning inside. There was a huge room that looked as if it were a ballroom. We decided that was where the lights and dance floor was going to be.

"Alright," I started as I looked at the workers, "This party is in six days. You all are getting paid to set up. It better look amazing once you all are done." I said as I walked around the ballroom.

"Wow Fred, she's going to love this." Roger said as he looked up at the chandelier.

"I know darling, and it's because We're planning it!" I exclaimed.

I explained to the workers what kind of party I was going for. The boys and I were helping out here and there, but the decorations were coming together nicely. They even did add in a hookup room! Maddie and I had already seen each other naked because we stripped at a college party once, but we won't speak of that.

"Fred, how does this banner look?" Brian asked as I turned around to see a banner saying 'Happy Birthday Maddie.'

"Looks great darling! Let's get a bite to eat, I'm starving." I suggested.

"Sounds like a good idea to me!" Roger said jumping up and down.

We went out and ate lunch at a sit down restaurant. Of course there was paparazzi crowding us with questions.

"Where's the band's groupie?" A reporter asked.

Of course, Roger got pissed and had to speak up for Maddie.

"She's not the band's groupie! She's our best friend and my girlfriend! It'd be nice if all of you would get your noses out of our business as well and bugger off!" He shouted.

We brought him into the restaurant and calmed him down. God I hate when people refer to her as a groupie.

"Relax darling, the truth will always be between us." I said reassuringly.

He nodded and we sat down to eat lunch. We told Maddie we would be busy at the studio until her birthday, and we asked for no visitors. That would surely keep her away for a few days.