chapter seventy seven;

September 19, 1975

I got out of bed, and decided to put on one of Roger's jackets. His jackets smelled of cigarettes and cologne, just the way I liked it.

I went downstairs to see Roger making breakfast. I sat down on a stool while John and Brian were talking to each other.

"Rog what's this?" Brian asked picking up a piece of paper.

"Oh nothing, it's just a song I wrote to go on the B-side of Bohemian Rhapsody, would you like some coffee?" He asked looking at me. I nodded.

"I'm in Love With my Car?" Brian raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I wrote the song a few days ago," he said proudly.

"It's not strong enough Rog," Deaky said.

"Not strong enough what do you mean?"

"With my hand of your grease gun, yeah very subtle Rog." Brian said.

"It's a metaphor Brian!" Roger shouted.

"Let's see what you've got hm? You call me sweet, like I'm some kind of cheese." Roger shouted.

"It's just a bit weird Roger, what exactly are you doing with that car?" Deaky asked.

Roger picked up a piece of ham from the stove and threw it at Brian.

"Is that strong enough for you?" He shouted.

"Let me take a look," I said, "Tell my girl I have to forget her?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's a metaphor!" Roger shouted.

"Freddie get your arse down here and listen to Rog's song idea!" Brian yelled.

Freddie came down and looked at the lyrics and gave Roger a look as if he were crazy.

"I'm not doing it Rog, this song will ruin such a masterpiece," Freddie said.

"Bullocks! That song is a masterpiece, MY masterpiece." He shouted.

"I'm done, I'm going to get my song on the album. Watch me," he said.

"Go on, we're watching." Freddie said.

Roger climbed into a cupboard underneath a counter, closing the cupboard door behind him.

"I'm staying in here until you agree to put my song on the album," Roger said from inside.

"What the fuck? That's not going to get your way Rog," Brian scoffed.

"Watch me get it on the album."

"Whatever I don't have time for drama queens." Freddie said as he left the room. What the hell was I supposed to do in this situation?

I started knocking on the door of the cupboard, waiting for my dramatic boyfriend.

"Go away whoever the hell you are," he said from inside.

"Rog please come out, you're acting like a child," I said. He didn't say anything. Silence.

"Maddie please, you don't understand. I need this song on the album and this is the only way I'll get it on there." I could tell he was frowning.

"Ugh fine, I'll support you and our song," I said.

"Thank you Mads, I wish I could kiss you right now." He said and I giggled.

Now, a way to convince Freddie.