chapter one hundred fourty one;

February 15, 1977

We were finally home, we had to travel about a day to get back home.

We were currently at the airport, I was erring my baggage and I waited for Roger to get his.

"Hey, I'm going to go over here and ring Veronica," I said.

"Alright love, be careful." He said, I nodded and went to a nearby phone.

I punched in her number, it ring a few times before she answered.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey Ronnie, we're back in London. I was going to come by and pick up Princess if that's alright with you."

"Of course it is Maddie, you should know you're always welcomed here."

"Thank you so much Veronica, I'll be there in about twenty minutes. Make sure to hype up Lizzie a bit so I can say hi," I giggled.

"Of course, take you're time. Princess has been nothing but an angel."

"That's great, well I'll see you in a bit. Bye Ronnie," I said.

"Bye Mads," she said. I hung up the phone and felt Roger standing behind me.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready."

Twenty minutes later.

I knocked on Veronica's door. I heard Lizzie crying, so I knew something big didn't happen.

She answered the door trying to shush down Liz. Once she laid eyes on me, she started giggling and holding her arms out for me.

Veronica handed her to me. I missed her dearly. I came here for my dog though, not a Lizzie.

"Again, thank you so much for taking care of her for so long," I said as I stood outside her door.

"Oh it's not a problem at all, I'm glad I can help," she smiled.

"Well I've got to get going, I can't leave Roger by himself for so long," I laughed.

We exchanged goodbyes and I headed into the car. That's when it hit me.

Yesterday was Valentine's day.

As I got in the car, I tried not to make a huge deal out of it. Princess jumped in the back and laid in the seat.

"Roger- I'm so sorry. Yesterday I forgot it was Valentine's Day, and I didn't even bother to get you anything," I frowned.

"Aw love, s'alright I promise. We had a romantic honeymoon, that's all that matters," he smiled.

"I love you."

"I love you too, petal."

Half an hour later.

We were finally home, god did I miss this place. It meant so much to be back home with my husband and Princess.

"I'm going to take a shower, care to join?" Roger asked. I nodded eagerly and followed behind him.

Roger turned on the water and let the warm water come through. We got in, letting the warm water touch our skin as we met to each other's touch.

"God, you're so beautiful," Roger said as he made me blush.

"You look a bit more handsome than usual," I said trying to flirt back.

He kissed maths back of my hand as we got water in our eyes.

"Is it weird that we're saying that in the shower?" I asked.

"A bit," Roger chuckled.

We spent the rest of the day in our home, and with our dog. The two things we cherished most right now.