chapter one hundred seventy nine;

August 19, 1978

"Thank you again Winnie for taking care of the kids, Veronica and Chrissie thank you as well," I said as I backed away from her hug.

"Oh its no problem at all honey, please go have fun for your friend's birthday. Lizzie and Jimmy will be my little helpers for the twins and Cameron," she smiled.

"Bye mum, thanks again," Roger said.

We waved her goodbye and got back into the limo that was taking us to a pub. We wanted to spend Deaky's birthday old school.

An hour later.

"Cheers to Deaky's birthday!" We shouted as we clicked our glasses together.

"Wow Maddie, it's been years since I've seen you with a beer. You've always gotten wine darling," Freddie chuckled.

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to have one of these," I giggled as Roger put his arm around me.

"Let's go sit in that lounge area guys," Deaky suggested. We nodded and headed over to the couches and chairs.

I sat on a loveseat, Roger sat next to me. I tried not to spill my beer as he pulled me onto his lap. Veronica sat next to John and Chrissie sat next to Brian.

"Just like the good old days, before we had kids," Brian chuckled.

I straddled my legs around Roger, he supported my back with his hand.

"Come here beautiful," he whispered in my ear as he pulled me closer to his chest.

"Look guys! It's just like they're dating again!" Deaky pointed out.

"Bugger off John!" Roger shouted.

"Ignore them," I whispered. He nodded and connected his lips to my neck.

I ran my fingers through his long blonde locks, just as if we were dating.

He wrapped his arms around my waist. When he was done on my neck, he came up to my lips. Our tongues fought when they met, but his ended up winning.

"Alright alright, calm down or you're going to have sex on that couch!" Chrissie laughed.

Roger turned me around to face the others, he snuggled his face into my hair.

"So John, what's it like being older?" I snickered.

"Oh it's horrible! I hate it so much!" He said dramatically.

"Oh whatever John," Veronica chuckled.

We all sat and drank our drinks. We got more after, until Freddie said one of his most known lines.

"Maddie want to go real old school and have a shot challenge darling?" Freddie asked.

"Of course!" I bounced up and down.

Freddie excused himself to go get the shots. I had to explain to the others what he meant. Back in uni we would always go to pubs with our friends and have shot challenges. Of course we always ended up getting drunk, but it was still lots of fun.

"So who would always win?" Roger asked.

"I would surprisingly, but it's been years since I've done it," I said.

"I'm back my darlings! Maddie are you ready to lose?" Freddie asked.

"The real question is, are you?" I smirked.

"Whoever downs 6 shots first in under a minute wins, Brian watch that clock there," I said.

"And, go!" Roger shouted.

Freddie and I downed them one by one. Although I was going faster, and I ended up winning but Freddie still and drank them all.

"Maddie wins!" Roger shouted.

"Wow it's just like the old days inn'it," Freddie said.

The alcohol from the beer was taking effect. The room started spinning, I stumbled around before I felt a pair of arms pick me up and set me down.

Roger's POV

"Alright guys, I think Maddie and I need to head out. She's gotten drunk, which is weird because I never really see her drunk," I said. The boys nodded.

"When we run by your mum's to pick up the kids, we could take the twins home with us. Besides, Lizzie loves playing with them." Veronica said.

"Thank you Veronica, that's such a huge help. Bye guys," I said as I carried a drunk Maddie bridal style out of the pub. I called a cab to pick us up and take us home.

Once we got home, the alcohol in her was in full effect. She was stumbling around and mumbling things and laughing all at once.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Maddie it's me, Roger."

"Hey that's funny! My husband's name is Roger!" She shouted and chuckled.

"What a coincidence, alright let's get you in bed."

"Woah woah. I don't think Roger would like you being near me. He doesn't like it when I'm around other guys, I can't make him think I'm cheating."

"I'm sure you wouldn't mind, besides, Roger told me to put you to sleep."

"Oh okay, then go ahead."

This is just what I wanted to deal with.

------------------------

go follow my queen instagram fan account @rogersbreath