chapter seventy five;

September 14, 1975
Roger's POV
12:00 pm

It was another day we weren't recording, which was perfect because I needed Freddie's advice.

I knocked on Freddie's door, he opened it with his hair everywhere.

"Rog, what's up?" He said as he motioned me into his room. I sat on the bed and he plopped down next to me.

"Well you see," I started as I pulled a bag out of my pocket, "I need your help on something."

"What's in the bag Taylor?"

I pulled out the blue velvet box the ring was in, his eyes widened at the sight.

"Is that what I think it is?" He asked getting a bit excited.

"It is. I need you advice on when to do it." I said.

"Oh darling that's exciting! I want you to do it soon. I love seeing my best friends together, it's truly amazing." He smiled.

"So within the next week?" I asked.

"Yes dear. Wait, I have an idea. Why don't you set up a date, like the first time I set you two up. Bring her near a tree and set up a blanket. I'll handle the food and the whine that you two had. Maybe try doing it next week. I promise Rog, I'll have everything prepared I promise," he said as he brought me into a hug.

"Thanks Fred, you're such a big help." I smiled.

"Of course darling. If you want to marry my best friend, go ahead you have my permission." He joked.

I brought him into another hug and headed downstairs. Maddie was cooking herself lunch, I decided to sit down and enjoy the afternoon with her.

"Hello love," I smiled.

"Hey, you were asleep late." She giggled.

"Yeah, couldn't sleep well. I think it was because I could hear Brian's snoring from next door," I laughed.

We sat and enjoyed the rest of the day together. I had to admit, I was nervous as hell for next week, but I knew she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I swear on it.

8:00 pm

"Rog what are you doing?" Maddie asked as she got comfy in bed.

"Just working on a song, I'm almost done with it. I'll come join you in a bit," I smiled. She looked so cute snuggled in bed.

She nodded as she went off to sleep.

As I finished up my song, I read over the lyrics to make sure it was how I wanted it to be. It was perfect. A masterpiece. I'm going to show the boys in a few days, I want to see their song suggestions first.

I went to bed with Maddie in my arms. I was so nervous to ask her to marry me.