chapter one hundred nineteen;

October 7, 1976

I arrived at Freddie's house, there was a room reserved for the bridesmaids and myself.

I saw a hair an makeup station, but first I needed to put on my dress. I saw Mary, Veronica, Chrissie, and Clare getting ready in their dresses.

"Mary!" I said as I threw my arms around her.

"Today's the day, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"Nervous as fuck, but I'll get through it," I giggled.

I got changed into my dress, the girls admired it so much and they loved it.

I went to get my hair curled, and my makeup done. I was so happy. The wedding was only in a few hours.

The last time I saw Roger was when I left the house to come here. I hope he is doing better than I am, I'm a nervous wreck.

5:30 pm

The wedding was in thirty minutes. I can't believe I'm actually doing this, I'm getting married to the love of my life.

I was all ready, I was taking a sip of water to cool my system down. The girls were also helping, I'm so glad I have them.

It was almost time, holy shit I'm freaking out.

6:00 pm
Wedding time.

I met Michael at the room that was before the aisle. We linked arms and he smiled at me.

"Thank you for being so good to my son," he said.

"Thank you for letting me be good to him," I giggled a bit. The doors opened and there we went.

Freddie's gardens were magnificently beautiful. I'm so glad I was getting married in my best friend's house.

We walked down the aisle, I saw lot of people I knew. They all beamed at me as I walked down. They smiled and eyed me down.

Once I made it to the front with Roger and the rest of my closest friends, Michael kissed my cheek and went to sit down.

Roger took my hands and smiled at me. A tear pricked at my eye as it all hit me. I was marrying him right here and right now.

The priest talked for a while, I was zoning off looking into Roger's ocean eyes.

"It's time to give the vows, Roger you will go first," the priest said.

"Wow, where do I even start. I remember when Freddie walked into the studio and told me he set me up on a date with his best friend. I remember thinking it was just going to be a few nights thing. Little did I know, I was wrong. I remember standing in the doorway of your flat wondering, "Wow. She's stunning, I hope this works out." It did work out, I'm getting to marry the love of my life. Maddie, you're beautiful, strong, sweet, caring, and especially you're talented. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, this day will forever be the best day of my life. I love you," he said as a few tears pricked at his eyes. I was getting all teary damnit.

"Maddie, it's your turn." The priest said.

"Roger Meddows Taylor. Where the hell do I start. I remember when you were standing in the doorway of my flat on our first date. I pulled Freddie into a different room and told him that we wouldn't work out because you were the womanizer above all. He  reassured me, so I went with you. I'm so glad I decided to give you that chance, because here we are. We are standing here about to get married, I'm willing to commit my love for you. Roger you're funny, caring, protective, loving, and you're truly talented. Thank you for making the last few years the best. I love you," I said as more tears started to run down my face.

"It's now time for the exchange of the rings," the priest said.

"Roger as you give Maddie the ring, please repeat after me. I pledge myself to you today. I show my love in the form of this ring, I ask you to wear it as a sign to show the world you are my wife."

"I pledge myself to you today. I show my love in the form of this ring, I ask you to wear it as a sign to show the world you are my wife," he said as he put the ring on my finger.

"Maddie, you do the same as you put the ring on Roger's finger."

"I pledge myself to you today. I show my love in the form of this ring, I ask you to wear it to show the world you are my husband," I said as I put the ring on Roger's finger.

"Maddie, do you take Roger as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until death so you apart?"

"I do," I said as tears ran down my face.

"Roger, do you take Maddie as your lawfully wedding wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until death do you apart?"

"I do," he said with his eyes glossing over.

"I now give you Roger and Madelyn Taylor, you may now kiss your bride!"

Roger pulled me into a kiss, it was the best damn kiss I've ever had from him. The crowd clapped and cheered as we pulled away.

I was finally married to my one true love.