chapter sixty four;

August 8, 1975

Today Veronica, Chrissie, Mary, and I were going bridesmaids dress shopping.

Since it was a smaller wedding, Brian, Roger, and Fred were all going to be best men for John instead of just Roger. Mary, Chrissie, and I were going to be the three for Vera.

We arrived at the dress store she wanted us to shop at, and I must say there were a lot of beautiful dresses.

The main color for the wedding was blue. Us bridesmaids had to have dark blue dresses and the men had to have dark blue bow ties.

"Find anything you like?" Mary asked from behind me looking at a different rack of dresses.

"Mm, nothing so far had caught my eye. You?" I asked.

She held up a really pretty blue dress, but it wouldn't be my style.

"It suits you," I smiled.

"Thank you, I think you'll find something you'll like too." She smiled and looked at another rack. I went a few more down until I saw the most beautiful dark blue dress I had ever seen. I thought it would be fit for me perfectly. I just needed to try it on.

It was lacy at the top above her breasts, and got tighter around the torso. It had a skirt that went to her ankles and was flowy. In my opinion, I had looked like a bride myself.

I went to go and try it on, it had fit me perfectly.

"Mary can you help me zip this up?" I asked her as I stood at the door.

"Of course, this dress fits you beautifully. I love how it looks on you," Mary said excitedly.

"Well we have to make sure that Vera likes it. It is her wedding after all." I said. Veronica came over and looked me up and down.

"It's perfect Maddie, you make that dress look so beautiful when it's on you," Veronica smiled.

"Thank you Vera, I love it too. I honestly might keep it for fancy occasions," I giggled as I went to go check it out.

I went to the counter and checked the price to make sure I could afford it, and just barely, I could.

Once I checked it out I chatted with the others for a few more minutes, but then decided it was my time to go.

"Bye girls. We should get together more," I said.

"We should. It's be nice to have more girls days y'know?" Chrissie giggled.

I waved them goodbye and headed home. I had to make sure Roger couldn't see the dress. I wanted it to be a surprise for the day of the wedding.

When I got home I found him passed out on the couch with Princess on top of him. They were so cute sleeping.

When I closed the door it startled Princess. I quietly hushed her but she got up and ran around the living room. Shit.

Roger had squirmed a bit in his sleep, but he didn't wake up.

I gently went to hang my dress in the closet when I saw him standing behind me like a giant.

"Fuck Rog! You scared me, holy shit." I said holding my chest.

"Ha, got you with the old pretending to be asleep trick. Let me see your dress," he said as I slapped his hand away.

"Nu uh, that's a surprise love. I want you to see it when I'm at the wedding," I smiled.

He groaned as he got in to bed and brought me with him. We started to have a hot makeout session for what felt like forever.

I wish it lasted forever.