chapter one hundred sixty one;

November 14, 1977

"Happy birthday Maddie!" Veronica shouted as she brought out a cake.

"Oh Ronnie, you really didn't have to do this," I laughed.

"Of course I had to, you're my best friend what was I supposed to do?" She chuckled as she cut pieces. Lizzie sat in her booster seat and slammed her hands down on the table.

Veronica handed us some cake. God she really knew how to cook, this had to be some of the best cake I've ever had.

"This is really good V," I said as I stuffed my face with more cake.

She was honestly amazing, I'm so glad I had her in my life. Of course I had to make her the godmother of the twins.

"Veronica, how would you like to be the godmother of the twins?" I asked.

"I make you cake and you ask me to be their godmother? Of course I'd love to!" She said.

Lizzie laughed and slammed her hands on the table once again, as if she were drumming on it. Speaking of drumming, I wonder how Roger was doing.

Roger's POV

"Listen up darlings," Freddie said as he closed his door's room.

"Is Paul not going to be here?" Brian asked. Freddie shook his head. I wanted to say something- but Paul was blackmailing Maddie and me.

"So what's this about?" Deaky asked.

"Well, there was a change in tour dates. I thought I'd tell you myself. Instead of getting that break in May, it moved up to March. Miami said we had to move it up because of another band that's touring," he said.

"What band?" Brian raised an eyebrow.

"Led Zeppelin," Freddie said. Me and the three others nodded in unison.

"Rog, your being awfully quiet," Deaky said.

"I really need to go call Maddie, it's her birthday," I said quietly. The nodded and I excused myself.

I ran straight to my room, we were now in Richmond.

I dialed the number, it rang a few times. Then I heard Veronica.

"John?" She asked. John must've called her daily as well.

"No sorry Veronica, it's Roger. Could I speak to Maddie?"

"Of course! You don't need to ask me twice," she laughed.

There was shifting around in the background. That's when I heard an angel on the other line.

"Hey Roger," she said. She was smiling so much.

"Hello petal, happy birthday. I've got some good birthday news to tell you," I said excitedly.

"And what's that?" She asked.

"Instead of taking that break in May, it's going to be in March."

I heard Maddie scream a bit in the other line.

"Roger that's great news! I'm so happy. I'll get to see you sooner!" She said happily. God she was making me tear up with joy.

"I'm glad you're happy, because I'm just as excited. Oh and Freddie is probably going to call you later to say happy birthday," I chuckled.

"And maybe you'll get a surprise from me, even if I'm not there," I said.

"You're too good to me Roger, I don't understand why I deserve you," she said.

"Because you're so amazing, I love you."

"I love you too Meddows."