chapter one hundred seventeen;

September 23, 1976

I was currently in the studio listening to the boys record. Right now they are recording Roger's song 'Drowse'.

The wedding was in two weeks, I already went bridesmaids dress shopping with the girls, but I needed to get my wedding dress still. Freddie didn't look like he was busy, so I asked him to come with me.

"Freddie, can I talk to you out here?" I asked as I pulled him into a hallway.

"Of course darling, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Want to come wedding dress shopping with me right now? I really need it. The wedding is in two weeks," I said. He nodded and grabbed his keys and told the boys we were going out.

20 minutes later.

We arrived at a wedding dress boutique. There was one in the window that immediately caught my eye.

"That's the one," I said as I pointed in the one in the window.

"I'll get them to get it for you. They'll let you try it on." Freddie said.

Once Freddie got the dress for me, I went to try it on in the fitting room. I could reach the zipper which was good. I admired myself in the mirror, it was truly beautiful. I'm surprised I found it so quickly, but I fell in love with it so I needed it. 

It was strapless, it was lacy around the chest and had a skirt that was big and flowy. A ribbon belt wrapped around my stomach.

wedding dress ^

wedding dress ^

I walked out of the fitting room, Freddie's mouth fell open.

"Maddie darling, you look stunning! Roger's going to love it! I actually can't believe you're getting married," he said. I giggled.

"Thank you Freddie. This is all because of you. Let's go to my place and hang it up." I said.

I bought the dress and had Freddie drive to my house. I quickly ran in to out the dress in my closet and ran out so we could make it back to the studio.

We made it back and the other boys seemed to be finished recording Roger's song.

I was so happy I finally had a wedding dress.