chapter eighty eight;

Same day - 5:00 pm
Maddie's POV

I walked Princess earlier, and I thought Roger would be home by the time we were back, but he wasn't.

I was getting a bit worried, he's been gone all morning. He left me a note of course, but what was that going to do?

I called Freddie to see if he had any idea where Roger was at.

"Hello?" I heard him say on the other line.

"Fred? Have you seen Roger? He's been gone all afternoon and I haven't heard from him since the note he left," I said nervously.

"Oh yeah, Rog is at my house right now. He was pitching a couple song ideas to me and we ended up chatting over a few drinks." He said.

"Can you put him on the line? I'd like to speak to my fiancé please."

I heard some stumbling around until I heard breathing on the other line, "Mads, love. I'll be home soon, I'm so sorry. I should've called you earlier. I wasn't watching the time, I'll be home in about fifteen minutes yeah?" Roger said.

"Of course, I'll see you in a bit. I love you."

"I love you too."

8:00 pm

Roger still wasn't home yet, I was getting worried as fuck. I decided to try and take my mind off of it by putting on some music. I couldn't get my mind off of it when I heard something on the evening news.

"Queen Drummer, Roger Taylor, was in a car crash today. He is currently in the London Hospital where he is recovering from the accident. More information will be with you soon," the news reporter said. My heart dropped to the floor. Oh. My. God.

I called a cab quickly to take me to the hospital. The hospital was a few streets down from our flat, so it was a short ride.

Once I got out I ran straight for the door, not caring about anyone else who was around me. I ran straight to the desk and the lady looked at me if I were dying.

"Hi- I need to see my fiancé, he was in a car accident earlier today," I said catching my breath.

"Alright dear, what's your fiancé's name?" She asked.

"Roger Taylor."

"I'm guessing you're Madelyn." She said.

"Yes, I am. I need to see him quickly, do you know what condition he's in at the moment?" I said shakily.

"I'm afraid I don't, I'm sorry. He's in a VIP room for celebrities, I'll give you a card to get in," she said trying to calm me down and I nodded.

Once she gave me the card I rushed straight to the room she told me he was in. I went past the VIP double doors and went to the third door on the left.

I opened the door slowly to see Freddie, Brian, and Deaky. They were all standing at the foot of the bed, where laid an unconscious blonde drummer.

"Is he okay?" I asked worriedly to the boys.

"Yeah Maddie, hes been unconscious since it happened. He hasn't stopped breathing or anything, but we're just waiting for him to wake up." Deaky said.

I frowned, Rog had looked horrible. He had bruises all up and down his arms and legs, his face was cut up a bit from broken glass, and he had bandages on his face and hands.

I pulled up a chair to sit next to him. I hated seeing him like this.

"Rog," I said quietly before I started sobbing.

"There was another car who pulled out too quickly in front of him," Brian said as he comforted me.

I could barely speak, my tears were holding me back from doing so much. I grabbed Roger's hand and pressed a kiss against it.

"Please," I sobbed and tears started coming down on my cheeks.